Ensenada question...

big al

So my wife & I are planning a Mexican Riviera cruise next year and one of the ports is Ensenada..we are veteran cruisers ( 46 so far), and this is our first time doing the Mexican cruise..we do NOT like going into town and seeing the venders, listening to all the locals asking to see their store, etc..we have had enough of that in Cozumel, Nassau, Jamaica, etc., you probably know the drill..I am looking for a beach club in Ensenada or a tour that includes a beach or beach club...please post if you know any..thanks!

Big Al 

Al, unfortunately, Ensenada is exactly what you don't want, but please remember, "for you, my friend, everything in the store is almost free."  

The main claim to fame is a blow-hole (La Bufadora), around which a huge flea market has grown -- you cannot get to the blow-hole overlook without first going through this extensive flea market.  It is about 25 miles from Ensenada.  Most excursions seem to include a stop at this blow-hole.  

Las Canadas is a large recreational area about 30 miles from Ensenada -- zip lines, water tubes, water park, hanging bridges, etc.  That could appeal to you.

Beaches:  Cab to El Sauzal or San Miguel Beach might be a good bet.  I'm sure your cruise line will offer an excursion as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Valle De Guadalupe is one of the most amazing places - with the most incredible wine hand down.  I highly recommend you get a private driver or tour to take you to the valley if you like wine tasting. If not, at the very least you get a beautiful drive and you could get a farm to table meal that will blow your mind.  It's about 25 minutes from the port. 

• Like 1

Could not agree more with AMediator.  My wife and I are mid - late 50's and enjoy our wine.  We did a private tour for 5 hours and visited 3 different wineries.  Was the highlight of the trip.  Then a year later (Dec 23), we were fortunate to go on another MR cruise with the same itinerary and hired the same driver as before.  I found one we wanted to visit and he found us two others.  Again, a highlight of the trip.  We have been to Napa four times and this is right up there with those trips.