When can you disembark if cruise ship is in disembarkation port overnight?

McFins

Hi all.  Cruise ship scheduled to arrive be in Quebec City on 9/12 staying overnight with cruise ending morning of 9/13.  Will already have been to a few other Canadian ports before arriving in QC.   Can we disembark earlier than the listed 8am disembarkation time or do we have to wait for some official disembarkation process?  Not sure how early they will have someone by the doors to scan you out. 
Thanks 

58 minutes ago, McFins said:

Hi all.  Cruise ship scheduled to arrive be in Quebec City on 9/12 staying overnight with cruise ending morning of 9/13.  Will already have been to a few other Canadian ports before arriving in QC.   Can we disembark earlier than the listed 8am disembarkation time or do we have to wait for some official disembarkation process?  Not sure how early they will have someone by the doors to scan you out. 
Thanks 

I think you have to consult Customer Service.  I do know the ship has to be cleared by the local port authorities before disembarkation can begin.

• Thanks 1

We did that cruise a couple of years ago and have also overnighted in other ports.  In our experience the ship will be cleared the morning of your arrival as usual and the gangway then remains open so you can come and go throughout the day and night (24/7).  You just scan in and out whenever you leave the ship and come back. 

Disembark the next morning as usual.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Unless I misunderstood your question?  Are you wanting to permanently disembark on the day you arrive in Quebec?

I was wondering if we wanted to permanently disembark an hour or so earlier than the typical disembarkation time if that would be a problem. not sure we will even want to do so, just figuring out all our options.  Thanks! 

• 5 months later...

Cruise ship will be at disembarkation port (Rekjavik, Iceland) overnight.

The ship will arrive Rekjavik at Wednesday morning, official disembarkation day is Thursday.

Can I  disembark the ship permanently between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning?

Would NCL security open 24 hours to allow people to leave the ship permanently?

Thanks!

On a Pacific Coastal cruise, we arrived on Wednesday with an overnight and the official disembarkation day was Thursday. There were many passengers who lived in Vancouver and got off the ship permanently on Wednesday, never to return. There were others who flew out of Vancouver on Wednesday. So I would guess you can leave the ship the day you arrive but you might want to call or ask as soon as you get on board to make sure. 

• Thanks 1

@HSBC

My advice would be to contact NCL guest services by email and ask specifically about the cruise you will be on, as it could vary. I had an overnight in Sydney and you could leave the first day but only at a specific time, due to the availability of customs/immigration personnel in the terminal. Just came back from a cruise that ended with an overnight in Dubai and I don't see any information about early departure.

I would not rely on info from a NCL rep if you call or chat.

• Thanks 1