Celebrity Beyond - MDR

JanNSteH

14 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

It might be if they have put you in specific dining instead of Select time.  You can check your reservation and it might let you change to select or you may have to call and have it changed.  Then you should be able to make reservations online.  image.png.d2c6bb9aba6b2dec986da96de1ca62f7.png

Hi, am quite confused.  From what I've been reading a few have said that there is no assigned dining times and that we need to online and select our dining times within the 4 MDR venues.  When I look at my app, under Dining it says: "Celebrity Select Dining Early 6:00 pm.  Please refer to the dining reservation card found in your stateroom for location and time."  So does this mean that Celebrity has chosen a time, etc for us already and I don't need to do anything further.  If this is the case, that'll be great since we are a group of 12.  If not, I need to fix this now so that when we board, I don't run into any complicated issues as I'm sure it will not be easy getting all of us situated then.  Would rather fix it now than deal with it onboard.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, JanNSteH said:

Hi, am quite confused.  From what I've been reading a few have said that there is no assigned dining times and that we need to online and select our dining times within the 4 MDR venues.  When I look at my app, under Dining it says: "Celebrity Select Dining Early 6:00 pm.  Please refer to the dining reservation card found in your stateroom for location and time."  So does this mean that Celebrity has chosen a time, etc for us already and I don't need to do anything further.  If this is the case, that'll be great since we are a group of 12.  If not, I need to fix this now so that when we board, I don't run into any complicated issues as I'm sure it will not be easy getting all of us situated then.  Would rather fix it now than deal with it onboard.  Thanks.

I looked up my booking online on the web and what I posted is what it shows.  It looks like they have you assigned to early dining but I thought it was posted previously that they really do not have an early or late dining.  I would go into your booking online and try to change to select and then go in and make reservations for everyone together.  

10 minutes ago, JanNSteH said:

Also maybe you can try emailing this department?  celebritydining@celebrity.com

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Also maybe you can try emailing this department?  celebritydining@celebrity.com

From what I can see, I am not able to change anything so I will try emailing the department.  Thanks for your input and suggestions.  Jan 

2 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

☹️Tried late last night and again now.  Just did as you suggested and was not able to pick times, etc.  Our names are "grayed" out so I can't get past selecting our names to even select a time.  Not sure if this is a glitch in the system or this means that all the dining times in the MDR are full.  

Our names were not greyed out.

On 9/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, keesar said:

There are no assigned times even though yours says 6 pm.  The restaurants usually open at 5:30 pm.  People will start lining up at 5:10 pm. Don't be surprised to see a line.

The dining areas are rather busy with high volume of voices.  The advice of 2 tables of 6 makes sense although there are long banquet style tables for parties of 12.  Talk to the head staff of the restaurant you are interested in dining. 

8 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

Booked on the Beyond for this coming January.  I thought the 4 main dining rooms are just open seating and you just show up whenever you like. I understand specific reservations are required for the specialty restaurants.  

9 minutes ago, IDL said:

Booked on the Beyond for this coming January.  I thought the 4 main dining rooms are just open seating and you just show up whenever you like. I understand specific reservations are required for the specialty restaurants.  

From what I can see when you are booked they can specify early, late or select dining.  Even though the restaurants on the E class do not have early or late times.  But if you are booked as select the app and online allows you to make reservations for specific times.  I have no clue if they honor them when we board but I was able to do this for my sailing next year on Ascent.

9 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

Ours says the same thing - guess we have fixed early at whatever restaurant they choose for us?

I received this information from my TA last night.  This kind of explains it all as it does match up with what's on my account online and explains why our names are "grayed" out so that we can't select times in any of the 4 MDR.  

Celebrity Select Dining

On our Celebrity Edge® Series ships, we may have reinvented the main restaurant experience with four restaurants, but we haven’t changed the way you plan your dining in these restaurants. Now, you can choose Celebrity Select Dining Early or Celebrity Select Dining Late, and you’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants, while having the option to dine in the other three upon request. Choose Celebrity Select Dining Anytime, and you can dine in any of the four restaurants when you want. There’s nothing traditional about dining with us. With Celebrity Select Dining the choice of how you plan your evening meals is up to you.