Upgrading drink package when on board

koolforkatz

12 hours ago, cruise101 said:

Is it possible for only one person in the cabin to upgrade or do both pax have to upgrade. DW is only an occasional drinker & sees no benefit in upgrading.

All must upgrade. Really, with the ability to pay the difference (plus 18%), it would take several drinks (even if they were $15 exactly) to make up the upgrade cost.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, crystalspin said:

All must upgrade. Really, with the ability to pay the difference (plus 18%), it would take several drinks (even if they were $15 exactly) to make up the upgrade cost.

There were one or two wines available where the price difference was such we broke even after two glasses of wine. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, koolforkatz said:

Thanks @crystalspin. That's what I had read on here too. However, the HAL rep I spoke to insisted we could upgrade on board. There are a couple of wines my husband really likes and 2 or 3 glasses of them would definitely make it worthwhile upgrading. If we can...

And yes, I would prefer not to have to keep checking our account either 😉

A representative told me the same thing over the phone, but once on the ship they told us it was not possible. 

17 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

A representative told me the same thing over the phone, but once on the ship they told us it was not possible. 

I'm sorry this didn't work for you. We were able to do it on the Koningsdam a few weeks ago without issue.

• Like 1