Virgin Voyages unassigned cabin issue with app.

pgmay8

Hello all. First post. 

I am having a unique issue with the V V app. I am booked for a Rockstar Suite, sail date Jan 14,  but my cabin is GTY and my cabin number is unassigned. I can access the app but I cannot book excursions which opened on September 1. Customer service told me it is because my cabin is unassigned and will not work until i am assigned an actual cabin which they are telling me they cannot do. Obviously this is problematic because all excursions and reservations go thru the app.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Im hoping i got wrong info but I do not know. Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Since you are a rockstar, have you contacted Red Glove Service to see if they can help?

That’s only for mega rockstar. 

But to answer the OP I’ve not heard of anyone else having that issue. Lock it in rate cabins only get assigned 3 weeks to 3 days before and most people want to book excursions earlier than that. 

I’m guessing you are sailing on Brilliant Lady though? That ship isn’t ready yet so I don’t think the app is working properly for it, but travel agents have been able to book excursions.

• Like 1

i booked a RS cabin onboard once, and it was showing as "GTY" for a little bit.  the future voyages crew member said that i'd eventually get a suite, and it would be either the seriously suite that i booked or better.  for reference, it was not a lock it in rate - it was a fully paid up front RS reservation

my theory is that there were only accessible/ambulatory suites available at that point, and the system didn't want to auto assign us.  a few days later while still onboard, we were assigned one of those accessible cabins.  i didn't want that cabin because i would feel horrible taking that accessibility from someone who actually needed it, so i kept checking back once i was off the ship.  i called in as soon as i saw another one open up and was able to switch to that suite.

it was pretty weird/nerve wracking when we were fully paid and booked into that GTY for a few days though!!!

• Like 2

It shows the same place. Sometimes it will just show VIP, can’t remember if if did so before I chose the time slot. I’ve had this booked on Valiant since July 2022. The Rockstar time slots don’t really matter, they all have a 1:30 arrival time. 

IMG_3635.png

On 9/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, pgmay8 said:

I am having a unique issue with the V V app. I am booked for a Rockstar Suite, sail date Jan 14,  but my cabin is GTY and my cabin number is unassigned

I may be wrong, but I believe anything you book is tied back to your cabin number in addition to the Sailor and that may be why you cannot book anything. That is the downside to booking a Guaranteed cabin, you have no idea where your cabin is until you have an assigned cabin number. 

If you're working with a travel advisor, and we always recommend working with travel advisors / agents, they have a direct line to VV they can get your questions answered. They can also book Shore Things for you as well. If you're not working with a TA, then call VV Sailor Services to see if they are able to do any of the bookings for you. Have a list ready of what you want to book.