Whats included in the Premium Plus beverage package for Haven users?

justacruiser1

Hi everyone.

I went on a Haven cruise several years ago and things have changed a bit I assume. Do haven users get unlimited drinks? if so, the beverage package isn't worth it right?

Also, just to be clear, for the premium plus package, I get a unlimited drinks that is under $15?

Haven passengers are under the same rules as non-haven passengers in terms of drinks.  You will pay for drinks that you order.  If you have the basic Unlimited package, its $15/drink and you pay the difference plus 20% of the difference if you go over.  The upgrade Premium Plus package is pretty much everything minus a few "experiences" that are not included.  

If you can swing the Plus upgrade, it is worth it in the Haven.  They usually better stock the bar with the higher end liquors than they do the regular bars.  The Haven bartenders are also really great and will make cocktails that are not covered under the basic package if you upgrade.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

thanks for the reply. I still don't understand this. This is the flyer

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

So Let me get this straight, anything that is under $15, I can just keep on ordering and its free? also where does anywhere on the NCL website does it even say I have to pay over anything over $15 fore the premium plus package?

thanks all

7 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

So Let me get this straight, anything that is under $15, I can just keep on ordering and its free? also where does anywhere on the NCL website does it even say I have to pay over anything over $15 fore the premium plus package?

thanks all

There are limits. Once you are onboard, the menus will list which types of wines and spirits are included in your specific package. This changes and has even since May 2023. I am attaching the list as of today but note at the bottom that BRANDS MAY VARY BY SHIP AND SEASON.

BevPack.pdf

Edited by HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

thats the same flyer I sent. So let me get this straight. So for some items that are listed in the flyer, I can get for free right? so I see Hennessy VS, so I can just keep on chugging hennesy for free then?

Yes, as long as you do not get too drunk and belligerent. 😂

19 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

thanks all

The unlimited package on the left side is the package included if you select as the FAS promo.  There is no limit to the amount of drinks but the bartenders could cut you off if they feel you are too drunk.  You are essentially getting a $15 credit toward a drink.  Say a drink is $16, you get the credit for the $15 and pay $1 plus .20 for the gratuity.  

For the Premium Plus, you can upgrade for $34.80 per person per day.  This does not have price limit but not all of the liquors on the right side of the flyer are going to be available on every ship.  You will also have access to Starbucks, bottled waters and bottles of wine(at dinner).   

• Like 1

Just now, justacruiser1 said:

ok so let me get this straight, its on the list of the flyer, but if it costs more than $15, I'll still get it for free right?

If it's available on the ship, as @HBCcruiser said, yes. And, provided NCL doesn't change the offerings by the time you cruise. They have been known to change the offerings a few times a year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

ok so let me get this straight, its on the list of the flyer, but if it costs more than $15, I'll still get it for free right?

If available on your ship and on their bar menus then yes. They will find a suitable replacement if for some reason they do not have that particular brand. 

1 minute ago, justacruiser1 said:

Yes.  If you have the Premium Plus package, you will get it for free.

13 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

i see hennesy XO on there too.. So thats free if I buy premium plus?

The XO is listed as $40 currently.  With the Premium Plus, you will pay nothing extra.  With the basic Unlimited, you would pay $30 ($25 difference plus $5 gratuity).  

14 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

there has be something i'm missing here.. A hennessy XO cost almost $200 at the store. A premium plus package cost around $138....

Are you saying if you drank a whole bottle a day, it would be cheaper than buying the bottle at home?  Theoretically you could drink a bottles worth a day, though it’s about 17-18 1.5oz servings? 

Edited by rattla

3 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

there has be something i'm missing here.. A hennessy XO cost almost $200 at the store. A premium plus package cost around $138....

They are not giving you the bottle.  First off, they are not getting it for $200 a bottle.  Probably closer to half that.  Even if people on the basic pay the extra $20, they are still bringing in $500 for a $100 bottle.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

what about the The Macallan “Enigma” Single Malt
Scotch Whiskey then?

That one is only designated to be at the whiskey bar if your ship has one.  Not sure if the Haven counts as a whiskey bar but it could.  Its listed as $50 on the Prima whiskey bar so its free for Premium Plus and $42 if you only have the unlimited package.  

are you guys absolutely sure that for the premium plus is free for the drinks listed? The The Macallan “Enigma” Single Malt
Scotch Whiskey  is a $700 for a 700ml bottle. I think the premium plus has a $15 limit as well, correct if I'm wrong please. I don't want to get a large bill at the end

Thanks