Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

John Watlings rum is very smooth so I don't feel an alcohol "bite".  I'm sure you could get a virgin and it would be very tasty.  What I love is the flavor of the mix, the super smooth texture (some pina coladas are very icy and crunchy) and the ambience.  John Watlings has been a go-to for me and my mom for the past four cruises.  

The virgin option might not be quite as good since part of what makes those delicious is the coconut rum they add in addition to their rum.  You could probably order without the Watlings rum and not have the harsh rum taste.  

The coconut rum (cannot get in the US) they use is so good I bought 4 liters one of the times we were in Nassau.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

The virgin option might not be quite as good since part of what makes those delicious is the coconut rum they add in addition to their rum.  You could probably order without the Watlings rum and not have the harsh rum taste.  

The coconut rum (cannot get in the US) they use is so good I bought 4 liters one of the times we were in Nassau.  

I'll give it a try👍 

On 9/16/2023 at 9:01 AM, jam19872016 said:

@Haljo1935 enjoy your cruise today! I'll be following along but I admit I'm a binge reader so it will be a couple days before i start it 😆

Glad you're having fun. I'm a couple days behind posting due to lack of internet first day then, well just vacation stuff! Working on getting caught up.

I will be following your 2nd cruise, too!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Glad you're having fun. I'm a couple days behind posting due to lack of internet first day then, well just vacation stuff! Working on getting caught up.

I will be following your 2nd cruise, too!!

Enjoy your cruise post when you can! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

Wow! I didn’t know about the coconut rum. When I go this Thanksgiving I’m buying a bottle of that as well👍😁