Assistance with recent Celebrity constellation issue

sassycruiser

Hi,

Just disembarked on Monday September 4.  Wonderful cruise.  At the end we purchased transportation from Celebrity to Venice City Center.  We knew this was not transportation to our hotel.  However, we were told on board and on the bus that the driver would tell us what to do when we arrived in Venice at the transportation center.

When we arrived the bus driver did not speak any English and did not provide any assistance.  He didn’t even unload the luggage.    We were left in a parking lot with a lot of other people and no idea what to do.  I am not asking for any compensation or discounts but I feel Celebrity should know about the situation.  

Suggestions for where to send an email?    Thank you.  

This reminds me of my trip a couple of years ago when we had arranged transport through Celebrity via Iglu in UK from the airport to the harbour where the ship was and our hotel

We ended up being taken on a mystery tour for hours with other passengers staying in Rome city centre and we ended up arriving at the hotel where we should have been taken very ,very  late ,had to pay for a private taxi,got no dinner at the hotel as the  restaurant was booked full of locals !(and it was my birthday!) ,the driver spoke no english ,he thought we were staying in the city centre and not at the dock area which was miles away !.

Poor communications by Iglu the UK travel agents who work closely with Celebrity and the Italian transportation service they organised .

Good luck with your query .

That must have been a frustrating situation. Hindsight is 20-20 as they say but in the future, should your travels take to a foreign country, I suggest you have a foreign language translation app handy on your phone that allows you to speak/translate to whatever the spoken language may be. That way you can communicate with the locals and possibly avoid a situation such as this. 

I do have the language translation on my phone.  There were NO signs to assist.  My complaint with Celebrity was that both guest relations AND the Celebrity shirted young girl on the first half of the bus trip told us that the driver will tell us what to do.  Today waiting in the Marco Polo Club at the Venice another couple told us they had been on the 2nd bus and been told the same thing and were dumped in the parking lot.