Ravenna shuttle service

Enigami

Hi!

I have a couple of questions about transportation from Ravenna to Venice (at the end of a cruise). I looked in the cruise app, but I didn't see any shuttles listed even though I've seen them mentioned online. Can anyone help me with the following questions;

1. How much is the RCL shuttle to Venice?
  2. What time does the shuttle leave and how long does it take?
  3. How much is the RCL shuttle to the Ravenna train station and what time does that leave?

I know we'll be eager to be on our way as soon as we disembark, so I'm looking for the fastest option (while also keeping it affordable). Thanks so much!

We are not long off Explorer.

1 I think the shuttle from the ship to Venice was $65.. It was never listed in the cruise planner you purchase from a QR code in the cruise compass on board.

2. It leaves at various times and you pick the one that suits you. I understand it can take 2.5 - 3 hours.

3. The shuttle after the cruise to Ravenna again leaves at various times and you book the same way and it costs $10.

A lot of people on departure got the shuttle to Ravenna then the train back to Venice. You would have to change at Ferrara but it would be quicker and cheaper than the shuttle.

We got the train from Venice to the cruise and then the train from Ravenna after the cruise to Bologna. It was all very easy.

Have a great time on the cruise, we really enjoyed Explorer from Ravenna.

Just to add to the info from Tin Can, it can be purchased pre cruise by calling RC or through your TA. We got off Explorer last month and got the transfer from the port to Venice city (Troncetto). It looks 2.5 hours with a quick break. I’d imagine the airport transfer is similar. 
Before we sailed I read of other people having mixed experiences. In some cases they had booked transfers but RC had no record on board. In other cases people had discovered when they got their departure labels that they had been assigned to a time which didn’t suit. So if you have transfers check with guest services early in your cruise so there’s time to adjust. We were able to get assigned to the latest transfer to the city at 9am without any issues. 
This is a personal preference but I wouldn’t travel through Marco Polo again. Bologna is a lot closers to Ravenna but I know doesn’t suit everyone due to limited flight options. 

They should provide similar guidance at Civitavecchia because that port is an absolute poop-show, shake-down, rob-job if you don't have something pre-arranged.  We got stuck with a 400 euro cash-only van to the airport.  The "customer service" guy seemed to enjoy our plight.  That was a very frustrating end to an otherwise good cruise on Odyssey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uvadover said:

They should provide similar guidance at Civitavecchia because that port is an absolute poop-show, shake-down, rob-job if you don't have something pre-arranged.  We got stuck with a 400 euro cash-only van to the airport.  The "customer service" guy seemed to enjoy our plight.  That was a very frustrating end to an otherwise good cruise on Odyssey.

I thought you could get an RC transfer from  port to Rome but maybe it’s only if you book flights with them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I thought you could get an RC transfer from  port to Rome but maybe it’s only if you book flights with them. 

You can get transfers in Civ to FCO via RCI. It was about $95pp.

Or there are numerous drivers at the port gates advertising shared busses to FCO for about $50pp. 
Or you book a driver via CivitavecchiaCabServices for about $150 for a van. 

The guy ^^ was totally ripped off. And his experience is not representative of what happens in Civ for every other passenger. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, little britain said:

You can get transfers in Civ to FCO via RCI. It was about $95pp.

Or there are numerous drivers at the port gates advertising shared busses to FCO for about $50pp. 
Or you book a driver via CivitavecchiaCabServices for about $150 for a van. 

The guy ^^ was totally ripped off. And his experience is not representative of what happens in Civ for every other passenger. 

This. Anyone who paid €400 for a transfer to FCO only has themselves to blame for not doing any proper research beforehand. There are numerous transportation options - shuttles, trains, cabs - none of which cost anywhere near €400. If only there was an online forum where cruisers could seek advice first …

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, kimmy_bos said:

Hi there - jumping on this thread. Can anyone provide any guidance on getting from the train station in Ravenna to the cruise port?

RCI shuttle $10pp

or the #90 local bus 🚌 

https://www.roamingrequired.com/ravenna-train-station-to-porto-corsini-by-bus/

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 10:42 AM, gumshoe958 said:

If only there was an online forum where cruisers could seek advice first …

Ironic you are saying that to someone on said forum.  I've probably been on 20+ cruises in my life.  The disembarkation at CIV was by far the biggest clown show I have encountered.  I research plenty of stuff when I travel, but a reasonable number of cabs at a major cruise port is just something I took for granted.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:24 PM, uvadover said:

Ironic you are saying that to someone on said forum.  I've probably been on 20+ cruises in my life.  The disembarkation at CIV was by far the biggest clown show I have encountered.  I research plenty of stuff when I travel, but a reasonable number of cabs at a major cruise port is just something I took for granted.

It is the Italian way - I am allowed to say that because I am Italian.

What are your plans after disembarkation? We took the shuttle to the Ravenna train station, $10. We took a train to Bologna around 9:30 AM. I prepaid by calling C&A but once onboard they will remind you constantly that you need to make departure plans, so you can also book onboard. Personally I wouldn't pay for the bus to Venice unless you're going straight to the airport. If you're staying in Venice take the train.