VIKING SEA - CURRENT ENTERTAINMENT/ENTERTAINERS

geordie_jim

I would be interested to know what the current shows are and also who is playing in the Explorer lounge at the moment. Also are they doing any pool parties , we are onboard in early November for the West Indies to Spain - Barcleona to San Juan.

Jim

14 hours ago, geordie_jim said:

I would be interested to know what the current shows are and also who is playing in the Explorer lounge at the moment. Also are they doing any pool parties , we are onboard in early November for the West Indies to Spain - Barcleona to San Juan.

Jim

We did this cruise in Nov/Dec 2021.  I don't recall any "pool parties".

But perhaps I'm thinking of the kind quite prevalent on other cruise lines.

Often Viking does a nice pool area brunch with all kinds of goodies offered - but I wouldn't call it a "party".  Excellent though!  Many have posted the amazing food selection pictures on other threads.

14 hours ago, geordie_jim said:

........we are onboard in early November for the West Indies to Spain - Barcleona to San Juan.

We did the West Indies to Spain in March.  It was very nice.  As CCWinelover said above there were no "pool parties".

There was a "dancing under the stars" evening.  On our cruise that was just watching the entertainers dance under the stars rather than us dancing under the stars - lol.  But from other posts I've read, that could have been an anomaly.  

8 hours ago, millybess said:

We did the West Indies to Spain in March.  It was very nice.  As CCWinelover said above there were no "pool parties".

There was a "dancing under the stars" evening.  On our cruise that was just watching the entertainers dance under the stars rather than us dancing under the stars - lol.  But from other posts I've read, that could have been an anomaly.  

Thank you for your update, Dancing under the stars evening sounds good, but I think I was hoping if the weather allows the Guitarist / entertainment team might put on a day time event , we shall see. Certainly on previous warm weather cruises this has happened a few times , but these were longer durations. 

Jim

We just returned from our Iceland & Norway’s Arctic Explorer on Saturn.  The Dancing Under the Stars party was one of the great unexpected surprises on this cruise!  The crew/entertainers started the party then the guests joined it.  We enjoyed the great music from the Viking band, so fun!  

We haven’t been on the Sea in a few years but the entertainment on Viking overall is very nice.  We very much enjoy the violin, cello, piano, and guitar performances in the Atrium and Explorer’s Lounge.