Latitudes benefits for longer cruises...

Portia!

Hi all.

I've been looking at Panama Canal and Transatlantic cruises ranging from 14 to 21 days.

How does that affect Latitudes benefits? (Solo US Traveler, Saphire)

There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in NCL's terms and conditions or FAQs.

However, CC is full of experienced travelers and have long been my best source for inside information. 

1. I have read on CC that one free bag of laundry for every seven days is common. Is that policy or does it depend on stateroom attendant, with passenger needing to ask for additional laundry bags, etc.?
  2. Are Flow Water cartons limited to two for the entire duration? Two per week? 
  3. What about dinners? Is it just two free dinner vouchers for the entire 14 or 21 days? 

I mock-booked to see how FAS works for longer cruises for a solo traveler. It looks like they offer one dinner for 7 days and two dinners total as part of the standard FAS plan for either 14 or 21 day cruises.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Portia! said:

Hi all.

I've been looking at Panama Canal and Transatlantic cruises ranging from 14 to 21 days.

How does that affect Latitudes benefits? (Solo US Traveler, Saphire)

There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in NCL's terms and conditions or FAQs.

However, CC is full of experienced travelers and have long been my best source for inside information. 

1. I have read on CC that one free bag of laundry for every seven days is common. Is that policy or does it depend on stateroom attendant, with passenger needing to ask for additional laundry bags, etc.?
  2. Are Flow Water cartons limited to two for the entire duration? Two per week? 
  3. What about dinners? Is it just two free dinner vouchers for the entire 14 or 21 days? 

I mock-booked to see how FAS works for longer cruises for a solo traveler. It looks like they offer one dinner for 7 days and two dinners total as part of the standard FAS plan for either 14 or 21 day cruises.

Thanks in advance.

As a SOLO traveler, you should receive 1 free bag of laundry, 2 (total) bottles of FLOW water, and, the standard 2 Latitudes meals.

You might get lucky and receive more. However, the Terms and Conditions are not in your favor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Laundry may also vary by ship. When we were on the Platinum behind the scenes tour on Joy this summer the manager of the laundry area told us we could have as much free laundry as we wanted, just to please not save it all up to send everything the last day. (I assume this was because it is easier for them if we send a couple of smaller bags than if we bombard them with a ton at the end of the week)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Portia! said:

I have read on CC that one free bag of laundry for every seven days is common. Is that policy or does it depend on stateroom attendant, with passenger needing to ask for additional laundry bags, et

I’ve never read anything like that. It certainly is not policy, and it’s totally at the discretion of the ship whether you get more free laundry than the policy states. In 2020, we were on the Gem for a 20-day Panama Canal cruise; we were each given 2 free bags of laundry. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Depends on how you book the cruise. If it is a 21 day cruise booked as 3 cruises then you will get the benefits 3 x's but if you book it as 21 days then you will get the benefits once.  We are booked for 21 days in January but booked as 3 Seven day cruises therefore we get our benefits 3 x's. We will have 6 dining vouchers, 6 bags of laundry, etc. 

• Like 1

my last cruise was 18 days.  Platinum member.  You get 1 free bag of laundry every 7 days.  You will only receive 1 paper laundry bag in your cabin on embarkation.  For the second laundry bag ( the following week), I was told to go to CruiseNext counter, and ask for the second bag ( they will look up to make sure your are Platinum or above).  Once you get your second bag, write your name/cabin#/Platinum of the face of the bag.  There was no extra charge for the second week.

• Thanks 1

I'm enjoying your input, particularly looking at the situation from every possible angle. 

I have sailed back-to-back-to-back cruises and had the same positive experience ready2cruzagain mentions of getting a fresh start with Latitudes benefits each week. I don't think I can do that on a transatlantic, unfortunately. 

Laundry seems to be the most likely benefit to be repeated, but probably only by asking cabin steward or Latitudes desk. Easy enough!

It's all part of the adventure.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, gymbomb said:

Laundry may also vary by ship. When we were on the Platinum behind the scenes tour on Joy this summer the manager of the laundry area told us we could have as much free laundry as we wanted, just to please not save it all up to send everything the last day. (I assume this was because it is easier for them if we send a couple of smaller bags than if we bombard them with a ton at the end of the week)

I am sapphire and my husband is gold.  He is now Platinum, after our last cruise.  We were given 1 free bag of laundry, and 1 $29.00 bag on the Aug. 20---30 cruise on the Joy.

• Like 1