Two Confessions and Two Rudi's Questions

BruhnSisters

Hello Wonderful Cruisers -

My sister and I will be boarding the gorgeous Koningsdam Thanksgiving week for a coastal cruise.  

Confession One:  I put up a daily "joke of the day" paper on the outside of our cabin (using magnets just above the mail holder).  Any clean and short Thanksgiving or Cruise puns or riddle suggestions are welcome  🙂  I know some cruisers are not fond of door decor . . .  but I do get many positive comments from families that walk by and giggle, as well as the cabin attendants.  

Confession Two:  Yep, I'm going to bring some little plastic ducks to hide . . . along with a note attached that says "keep or hide, you decide" and the "no pools, hot tubs or gift shop" rule.  I think there will probably more kids onboard (and "children at heart" adults) and they will bring some simple smiles.

Rudi's Questions:  I'm very excited to eat at Rudi's the first night we board.  I've been one time before and LOVED the Coq au vin so I'm going to order that again.  

For the appetizer do you suggest:  HOT SMOKED SALMON or MARINATED LOBSTER???

For the dessert do you suggest:  CRÊPES SUZETTE or PROFITEROLES???

Thanks for your suggestions and input.  Happy Cruising to all!

Edited by BruhnSisters
grammar
  • Like 2

I think posting joke of the day is great fun - hurts no one and extra smiles are always good 🤭 YAY for duck hiding - again great fun, hurts no one and for sure brings extra smiles!!

I can't comment on your Rick's options as I don't eat seafood, but do hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

I had the profiteroles in May on the K and enjoyed them.  Luckily the chocolate sauce is served separately as it was only ok.  It would have been far better had the dessert been served with warm chocolate ganache.  

• Like 1

Found my first duck earlier this year on Rotterdam.  It was in a plant in the aft elevator bank on deck 6 as I recall.  We kept it to bring home and show granddaughters.

Going of a Royal Caribbean cruise next January and my grandkids want to have fun with some ducks, so will get some.

As for jokes, I would love to walk by and get a joke of the day.  So would my 7 year old granddaughter.  She loves to tell jokes and has even made up a couple of jokes now that she understands the word play.  We laugh at all of them too! 😃

• Like 1

I think the jokes & ducks are fun ways to enjoy our cruises.  Most people get enjoyment from giving others enjoyment.  My son did a white board with a new Bible scripture each day- got some positive comments, but also some negative ones.  I worried that would really hurt his feelings, but he said "no, those are the people I want to reach."  So just know that some people can be mean & negative & just brush it off.  We have found & hidden ducks- we are well into our senior years.  They are another way to have enjoyment by giving enjoyment to others.  We even had a crew member tell us she collected the ducks too.  It amazes me that a lot of people don't know about the "cruising duck" craze-fun & harmless.

PS: we will be boarding the Koningsdam 11/25- the cruise after yours, I think.  So I hope we find a duck left over from you.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

We had the profiteroles and were  not impressed at all. Didn’t like the dessert soufflé either. Hope the Crepes Suzette is better. 

Good luck.  Since they've outlawed flame in the dining room, I swear the Rudi's Suzettes I had recently were made with crepes left from the Lido breakfast buffet smeared with a little orange marmalade.  Really pathetic.

• Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions!  The posters on Cruise Critic are very helpful.

I'm think I'm going to order the marinated lobster appetizer.  For dessert, I might order the apple tarte tatin with cinnamon gelato.   Mmmmmmmm.  Two months away . . . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BruhnSisters said:

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions!  The posters on Cruise Critic are very helpful.

I'm think I'm going to order the marinated lobster appetizer.  For dessert, I might order the apple tarte tatin with cinnamon gelato.   Mmmmmmmm.  Two months away . . . 

My husband likes the apple tart but suggests two scoops of gelato.  These thin tarts can be a bit dry, unlike thick slices of pie.

BTW: I love your idea of joke of the day.

Have a great cruise!

I just had the crepes Suzette on Koningsdam last week and love them. They were really delicious. 

I had the escargot appetizer as they were out of foie gras. It was good but I saw the smoked salmon at another table and wished I got that just for the really cool presentation. I don’t eat lobster so can’t comment but there was some lobster appetizer served hanging from a string on a sort of gallows-like contraption and it looked kind of like a cat toy being carried out to the table haha. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Bostonjetset said:

I just had the crepes Suzette on Koningsdam last week and love them. They were really delicious. 

I had the escargot appetizer as they were out of foie gras. It was good but I saw the smoked salmon at another table and wished I got that just for the really cool presentation. I don’t eat lobster so can’t comment but there was some lobster appetizer served hanging from a string on a sort of gallows-like contraption and it looked kind of like a cat toy being carried out to the table haha. 

Hey! I had that cat toy and it was superb;

Glad you enjoyed Sel!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bostonjetset said:

That is how the candied bacon in Pinnacle looks, also reminded me of something my cats would have fun with.

• Haha 3