Very Quick Question re Shorts!

scottie99

21 minutes ago, Shep_Proudfoot said:

Tons of shorts at dinner and all the time. Huge reason why many people book VV. Apart from The Wake none of the dining venues are particularly nice or formal seeming anyway.  

Personally I actually think that Pink Agave feels fancier that the Wake, but in a less stuffy way! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Personally I actually think that Pink Agave feels fancier that the Wake, but in a less stuffy way! 

Interesting. I found Pink Agave to feel “cruise ship faux fancy”, relying primarily on simply being dark, whereas The Wake’s decor felt fresh and refined, but not overly stuffy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shep_Proudfoot said:

Interesting. I found Pink Agave to feel “cruise ship faux fancy”, relying primarily on simply being dark, whereas The Wake’s decor felt fresh and refined, but not overly stuffy. 

I’m the opposite, The Wake felt cruise ship

faux fancy, but I liked the bright colours of the Tom Dixon chairs in Pink Agave.

The Wake seemed like the were trying to appear hoity toity with 3 managers standing around doing nothing while service took forever.  This contrasted poorly with other restaurants where, when there was work to be done, the managers jumped in and helped with things like clearing tables or anything needed to make the operation run smoothly.   

• Like 1

The service at The Wake on Resilient was completely different than our experience on Valiant. They were awesome on Resilient, everyone went way beyond to make the night great. I still love Pink Agave, I just wish the dinner lasted longer, might linger at the bar before next time. 

I’ve worn shorts and a t-shirt to Extra Virgin. Was running late and didn’t have time to change. No issues and I didn’t feel uncomfortable. The flexibility is nice.