Dialysis Deliveries to Ship

Mgeorge726

We are cruising from Southampton later this year. Baxter Labs will be delivering the necessary fluids to the ship. We have already paid Baxter for the delivery BUT the agent indicated that there may be an additional charge incurred at the port by the port authority. Does anyone have any information on this. We have spent hours on the the phone with the cruise line and can't get an answer.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, Mgeorge726 said:

We are cruising from Southampton later this year. Baxter Labs will be delivering the necessary fluids to the ship. We have already paid Baxter for the delivery BUT the agent indicated that there may be an additional charge incurred at the port by the port authority. Does anyone have any information on this. We have spent hours on the the phone with the cruise line and can't get an answer.

We just got back from a four night cruise on Disney dream out of New York City. I was very worried about us not getting our supplies. We paid the shipping and handling fee that Baxter charged, and the items were in the room when we got on the ship. So far I have not been charged anything else. I guess it depends on how long you are going . My husband did well with his peritoneal dialysis . It just was a little harder than it was when he was not on dialysis. We had the most problem with his scooter. Baxter did not confirm anything with me like they said they would and it was a little annoyed at that. When I asked them where they delivered his supplies, and when they told me, they left them with Mr. Gangway. I was like what the heck, there’s no such thing as Mr gangway , but they insisted . As soon as I checked in on the ship, I got a supervisor.

Edited by bklynangel