Flights/hotel with NCL

gardenfrog

Hi everyone. Thinking about booking a transatlantic from Rome on 4th December. We are from the UK and NCL have a package with flights included. Has anyone booked flights with them. Also I would prefer to fly in day before & possibly spend a few days in New York at the end. Can I book pre/post cruise hotels with NCL. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks 

I am actually taking that cruise. I am from Sweden and I did ask my PCC for a quote for flights. It turned out the flight from New York was good for me. (Good as in well priced.) The flight to Rome was a lot more expensive than the one I had found myself. It was no problem at all just getting the return flight from New York through NCL  (I'm flying into Rome early the day before the cruise and have booked accommodation in Civitavecchia. My daughter cruised out of Civitavecchia earlier this year and she arrived in Rome late at night but getting to Civitavecchia in the morning was very easy according to her.)

Just returned from NCL Dawn, Copenhagen to London.  DO NOT - ever - fly through Oslo, Norway.  It was the worst experience ever, causing many to miss their connecting flights, including ourselves.  We have traveled all over the World but let me tell you; We will never fly through Oslo again.  Here is our video to give you an idea.  Simply horrible.  If this saves just one person, it was worth posting. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUaNZkNKF5I

31 minutes ago, ny4me2 said:

DO NOT - ever - fly through Oslo, Norway.  

LOL! Oslo is my airport of choice! (I live pretty much in the middle between ARN (Stockholm) and Oslo. Don't like ARN much but sometimes I have not choice.)   

Was that passport control coming off a US/International flight or getting on one?

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

LOL! Oslo is my airport of choice! (I live pretty much in the middle between ARN (Stockholm) and Oslo. Don't like ARN much but sometimes I have not choice.)   

Was that passport control coming off a US/International flight or getting on one?

WOW! What a disservice your post is to the 1,000's who wait in line! Why post YOUR ability to walk past ALL of us? You don't wait as you pass straight through with an EU passport. My post is to help the many travelers from around the world who are so abused by Norways total disregard for the problems caused EVERY DAY by these lines. ONE person in line for EU passport, well more than a 1,000 in "ALL other Passports" line

line for us.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ny4me2 said:

WOW! What a disservice your post is to the 1,000's who wait in line! Why post YOUR ability to walk past ALL of us? You don't wait as you pass straight through with an EU passport. My post is to help the many travelers from around the world who are so abused by Norways total disregard for the problems caused EVERY DAY by these lines. ONE person in line for EU passport, well more than a 1,000 in "ALL other Passports" line

Wow! You sure read something into my post that was not intended! CC isn't just for non-EU/EEA people, and without further information unless trying to interpret the video you declare "do not travel via Oslo". I just wanted to share that it's not all bad. I DID ask about further information which you just could have provided (I'm sure I'm not the only one not fond of having to click at a video for information) without being, in my opinion, nasty (maybe unintended, same way my "disrespect" was). 

No disrespect at all intended. No flaunting intended. That's just not my style! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While getting way off topic, let's just be honest - airports (for the most part) are set up for its residents. This picture could be substituted for just about any airport, ANYWHERE in the world.  What I get upset is when the agents don't wave over passengers from busy lines when there's no one in theirs!☹️

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Girr said:

What I get upset is when the agents don't wave over passengers from busy lines when there's no one in theirs!☹️

Probably because that would cause all sorts of issues. 

First, who gets waived over?

Second, how do you deal with those who aren't waived over?