Question about Isopropyl alcohol

Zorix

Hi Everyone!

I would like to bring 70% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on board for hand sanitizing and medical sanitizing, but I read on their prohibited list:

18. Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals. (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners, lighter fuel, etc.)

It doesn't list it as an example, but it is technically flammable.  Has anyone been able to bring anything like that onboard?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I travel with a supply of rubbing alcohol wipes (each individually packaged), and never had a problem; however, I would think there'd be a problem with a bottle.  No firsthand experience though.

• Like 3

I always have small hand sanitizer sprays in my purse, especially when traveling.  (Definitely a must for air travel!)   The ones from Bath & Body are easy to carry.  They also have very easy to carry small PocketBac hand sanitizers.   I'd rather use them and  than the large dispensers on board.

Last cruise, the hostess & server ladies in the Local ran over to have me spray them.  They told me they love to shop Bath & Body when in port😊 

• Like 1

I bring clorox wipes to wipe down my room.  I have brought a spray bottle of alcohol on board, I would use it to spray items I couldn't wipe down.  I now bring Tide fabric sanitizer and spray the sofa when I board ship or sit on sofa after returning to room.  

I bring alcohol wipes. I also bring spray neosporin. Additionally. I also bring Lysol wipes and spray. Before anyone judges, I have an immune deficiency so I use them as extra precautions. I will clean certain areas in my room that I will touch (remote, phone, table, bathroom counter). And sometimes common areas, depending on the situation. I also have no less than 10 hand sanitizers with me between all my bags and my family traveling with me. I’ve never had an issue. I leave them on the counter in the room and it’s not been confiscated. Additionally, I fly with all the above.  Only difference for flight is I medically preboard. 
Good luck!