Telegraph review of saga

Windsurfboy

A pretty fair review, although it does read as though it could have been written by someone in Saga's PR department. Nit picking I know, but not ALL passengers on Saga ships are necessarily over 50 - the lead passenger on any booking must be over 50, however, other passengers on the same booking must be over 40. Perhaps this could have been mentioned? 

That is not an actual Telegraph review.

It is written by a freelance writer who sells to anyone who needs to fill a bit of space (frequently on Yahoo Sports Canada website, as is this report).

She writes lots of cruise "reviews" and they sometimes come across as "please give me a freebie and I'll get a really positive report published for you".

Although, in this case it does not actually mention that she was on board any of the ships - so probably was just a handout from Saga's publicity department.

(I am very cynical ever since I was on a cruise with a so-called reporter who was sending puff-pieces - sorry, reports - out from the ship, and - as another passenger said in a tone of wonderment - is she really on the same cruise as the rest of us? Or is she just reading the brochure?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 3:58 PM, LondonLad60 said:

A pretty fair review, although it does read as though it could have been written by someone in Saga's PR department. Nit picking I know, but not ALL passengers on Saga ships are necessarily over 50 - the lead passenger on any booking must be over 50, however, other passengers on the same booking must be over 40. Perhaps this could have been mentioned? 

On our last cruise there was a 20 something accompanying a wheelchair user plus a professional carer. I presume the young lady was the disabled lady's granddaughter.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 4:29 PM, nosapphire said:

I was on a cruise with a so-called reporter who was sending puff-pieces - sorry, reports - out from the ship, and - as another passenger said in a tone of wonderment - is she really on the same cruise as the rest of us?

Spot on. We had a similar experience recently.

As far as we're concerned... fair comments by regular cruisers, who've spent their hard-earned cash to buy the cruise, are infinitely more helpful.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 1