Takoradi, Ghana

Borna

While I'm a curious and adventurous traveler, I find no worthwhile attractions in Takoradi (or its connecting sister city Sekondi).  I hope I am wrong and welcome suggestions as to what to see and do there while my cruise is docked for the day.  Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Borna said:

While I'm a curious and adventurous traveler, I find no worthwhile attractions in Takoradi (or its connecting sister city Sekondi).  I hope I am wrong and welcome suggestions as to what to see and do there while my cruise is docked for the day.  Thanks in advance.

Ghana and it’s people are fascinating. It’s not about the attractions but the people, the culture, and the history. I did a ship tour that took us to a village, to a castle/former slave castle, and to a lunch that had dancing and drumming. During the village visit children performed for us and we learned about how the villagers live. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

if I go to the canopy walk in Kakum national park, will I see animals and which ones?  I've seen some videos of the canopy walk, but no one seems to see any animals.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 12:51 AM, Borna said:

if I go to the canopy walk in Kakum national park, will I see animals and which ones?  I've seen some videos of the canopy walk, but no one seems to see any animals.

I am hoping to go on the canopy walk. I found a few companies that offer the tour. Much cheaper than our cruise  offering. From the photos that I see, one doesn't see animals.  Why not contact one of the tour companies and ask them? I'm sure they will respond 

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 10:51 PM, Borna said:

You have to get there very early in the morning in order to see the forest elephants.  There may be monkeys hanging around, LOL, but the forest/jungle itself is fascinating as is the canopy walk.  

Also, strongly recommend visiting the castles along the coast.  A lot of history there, mostly sad.  Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't have time to do both, Kakum and/or the Castle.

Try the Star Beer if you can.  It is very good.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, ssawjo said:

You have to get there very early in the morning in order to see the forest elephants.  There may be monkeys hanging around, LOL, but the forest/jungle itself is fascinating as is the canopy walk.  

Also, strongly recommend visiting the castles along the coast.  A lot of history there, mostly sad.  Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't have time to do both, Kakum and/or the Castle.

Try the Star Beer if you can.  It is very good.

Our private excursion includes the canopy walk and a half hour stop at Cape Coast Castle which is a UNESCO world heritage site 

• Like 1