Haven walk-in showers? Jewel, Gem to Biggest ships.

MeganSmiles

I’d like to book a cruise to New England for my parents on NCL, but am concerned over my mom being able to get in & out of a tub. When I cruised on the Jewel, it was a pretty big step down for me, so I know she won’t be able to do it. Any of the Haven rooms on the smaller ships (Gem,Jewel) come with a walk in shower?

I wasn’t a fan of the Breakaway, but see the Joy & Sky sail too. Are they all the same type/size of ship? If the Breakaway is my only choice for them ( I hope not) do most Haven rooms have tubs or some have walk- in showers? Sometimes on the site it’s very hard to determine.

I wonder why the Jewel or Gem don’t sail from NY to New England. That would have been perfect, as I think that size ship is best for them.

Thanks everyone.

3 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

The deluxe two bedroom family suite has a walk in shower. 

Thank you. I think that may be just too big for the 2 of them. I was hoping with some of the renovations, they would have added walk in showers over the tubs. Thanks again.

• Like 1

The Getaway & Breakaway have Haven Spa & former Spa rooms with a walk-in shower.  They have a jacuzzi in the main room, but a walk-in shower in the bathroom.  The ones without spa access are a little more affordable as they are not located within the Haven proper.

• Like 1

@MeganSmiles A good tip is to google "Harr Travels AND...." name of the ship and room category. Danny, the "Youtube tour guide" gives very detailed room reviews including a close look at the bathrooms. 

He doesn't do every ship, but certainly a lot of them and I find them not only enjoyable, but very, very informative. He's 6'7" and he spends a LOT of time standing in the showers for "perspective"

Warmest Amy

• Like 2