How does NCL handle price drop FCC, and then possible upgrade?

crdtrnr

I contacted my guy at NCL to request him to submit for a FCC due to price drop on studio, after final payment.  Since then, the balcony price has dropped to below what I originally paid for the studio.

Will they let me upgrade to the balcony? 

How does that affect my request for FCC?

Will they still honor original request, and let me pay difference (lowest studio price to balcony)?

I put a call into my guy Friday, but apparently he was off..and he doesn't work weekends.

It would be nice to know what my options are before I talk to him

Thanks

3 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

I contacted my guy at NCL to request him to submit for a FCC due to price drop on studio, after final payment.  Since then, the balcony price has dropped to below what I originally paid for the studio.

Will they still honor original request, and let me pay difference (lowest studio price to balcony)?

I put a call into my guy Friday, but apparently he was off..and he doesn't work weekends.

It would be nice to know what my options are before I talk to him

Thanks

You can move from a Studio to a Balcony (have done it several times) but you will have to pay a price difference increase...one time the difference I paid was $7. I would pick out a cabin online, do a mock booking to see what the price difference is and then request that cabin on Monday. The only caveat is that you may lose certain promos you had with the original booking (such as double or triple Latitudes points). Never done the FCC thing so don't know how that works, 

Enjoy your cruise!

12 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

Since then, the balcony price has dropped to below what I originally paid for the studio.

From my experience, if the balcony is less than your studio, you cannot upgrade…which seems silly.  You have to upgrade to a cabin that costs more than what you paid for the studio.  Or, you can request a FCC for the price difference between current studio vs what you paid. One time adjustment and must be requested at least 2 weeks before sailing.  No adjustments T-14 days.

• Like 2