Transfer from Manhattan pier to LGA post cruise

ronmar22

I know this has been asked and answered many times in past, however, I can not seem to find it.  Our first sailing from NYC. (Manhattan port) If I'm not mistaken the most preferred options are Taxi, Uber/Lyft or the cruise line transfer.  We have 2:20 PM flight.  It would seem to be some what of a challenge to secure a taxi or Uber/Lyft along with 4,000 others, many of which are seeking transfers to various airports also.  Please inform me what can I expect if I do not chose the Cruise transfer and choose  instead to use a taxi or Uber/Lyft.  There will be 6 of us but can be broken down 2 groups with no problem.  Thanks for any advice with this.

Uber/Lyft, taxi or car service such as Carmel Limo or Dial 7 will all work. With a 2:20 pm pm flight departing LGA you have plenty of time so there's no need to fight the early disembarkation mob. 

Have breakfast, start the disembarkation process no earlier than 9, and cross 12th Ave. where you'll find a taxi stand, or if you want to book an Uber go to a side street such as 48th St near 12th Ave and book from there.

• Like 1

We will be on NCL Escape next month.  First time sailing from NYC for us also.

Followed other CC's recommendations and booked with Carmel from MCT to LGA, and we have a 1:15 pm flight.

Booked our ride this past June.  Just checked the rates to see if they changed from June to now, and they have gone us.  I was advised, book early for best rates (glad I did)  

Up to this point, their Customer Service Department and rates were super - hopefully our ride/driver will not disappoint us next month

I'll report back after our October 15th cruise to let you know how it went.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, njhorseman said:

Uber/Lyft, taxi or car service such as Carmel Limo or Dial 7 will all work. With a 2:20 pm pm flight departing LGA you have plenty of time so there's no need to fight the early disembarkation mob. 

Have breakfast, start the disembarkation process no earlier than 9, and cross 12th Ave. where you'll find a taxi stand, or if you want to book an Uber go to a side street such as 48th St near 12th Ave and book from there.

Thanks all for the reply’s.  As was said, the nice thing is that we have a later flight so the stress level will thankfully be minimal.  It’ll be either the taxi or the Uber.  I’m hearing that the cost of those will be relatively the same.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 3:02 PM, sunshine4me2 said:

We will be on NCL Escape next month.  First time sailing from NYC for us also.

Followed other CC's recommendations and booked with Carmel from MCT to LGA, and we have a 1:15 pm flight.

Booked our ride this past June.  Just checked the rates to see if they changed from June to now, and they have gone us.  I was advised, book early for best rates (glad I did)  

Up to this point, their Customer Service Department and rates were super - hopefully our ride/driver will not disappoint us next month

I'll report back after our October 15th cruise to let you know how it went.

Interested in your review!  We are sailing 10/29 and return 11/5 and I am looking at using Carmel.  It looks like the rate for 3 people in a Deluxe Sedan will be around $65 which is probably better than UBER.

On 10/6/2023 at 3:06 PM, BGarrison said:

Interested in your review!  We are sailing 10/29 and return 11/5 and I am looking at using Carmel.  It looks like the rate for 3 people in a Deluxe Sedan will be around $65 which is probably better than UBER.

Actually, about the same price if there isn't any surge pricing like during a downpour in effect.