When do shore excursions open for July 2024?

motheroftwocats814

We are going to Greenland and Canada on the Emerald in August, 2024. Excursions are listed under excursions when I sign in to Princess and go to "Manage My Booking". We have already booked one. I usually sign in on the computer. I don't know if using the computer makes any difference than using the app.

2 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hello-

We will be sailing on the Emerald to Canada/Maine in July 2024.

This will be our first time on Princess. Shore excursions are already showing on app and princess.

Yet, every time I go to book, it gives me an error message.

Is it too soon?

And it is not an app issue.

Is the message that you are getting something like this:

"Guests with a errors" and your name?

I had this problem with a cruise last March for a February 2024 cruise. I called Princess and the same thing happened to the representative on the phone. She decided it was because I'm not within 180 days of the trip. 🙄 I told her that I am sure I have booked other excursions earlier than that. She agreed that she had seen that too, but thought that was the issue. Just a side note....I did try and pick any other random excursion and same thing. I also tried picking my husband instead. Same thing. Then I logged in and tried booking an excursion on another cruise that is more than 180 days out. It worked great.

I never did really resolve the issue. However, I just kept trying once a week and eventually it let me book it. That was in April I think (so still more than 180 days out).  There seems to be some weird random bug that sometimes happens. You could try and call Princess---maybe by now they know how to fix it.....or just try it once a week and maybe it will 'magically' resolve itself....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hello-

We will be sailing on the Emerald to Canada/Maine in July 2024.

This will be our first time on Princess. Shore excursions are already showing on app and princess.

Yet, every time I go to book, it gives me an error message.

Is it too soon?

And it is not an app issue.

Perhaps we can help better if you share the exact error message...screenshot would be great!

Just keep checking.  I was able to book an excursion for February 2025 on Friday.  I had been getting the “Guests with a errors” message until then.  So I checked every other day just to see, and Friday when I checked, I was able to book.  

Yes, I’m a little obsessive.  

Edited by CATGUY7
  • Like 1