Does the Best Price Guarantee still exist for 2024?

cruisingaussies

4 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Does this Best Price Guarantee apply to price drops after final payment?   My cruise dropped two weeks after I booked.   They dropped two ports from the itinerary and prices went down.

It doesn't hurt to ask.  I have gotten some additional OBC in such a case, or an upgrade with a much lower cost.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks so much for all the replies, am running this past our TA.  It isn't a big drop in price but a dollar is a dollar these days!

Depends what country you are from. Better to check with TA than here as responses might not be valid for you unfortunately 

1 hour ago, LoveChops said:

Does the best price guarantee apply to the UK? My cruise has dropped in price by £1400!

with a UK booking you would cancel, lose your deposit (which is higher than some other countries) and rebook at the lower price...annoying but sounds like there is still a decent saving to be had...just need to watch out for any additional benefits with the original booking that will be lost and change to current benefits

There was a period of time that UK bookings could get Best Price Guarantee under Cruise with Confidence (which I used twice) once the final balance was adjusted and the second time, as full payment had been made, I received a refund to my card of the difference...this ended (unfortunately) at the end of 2022 and was more to encourage bookings during times of Covid uncertainty.

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:23 AM, IgKh said:

My TA has been explicitly refused it.

Same.   My TA said luxury lines do not reprice after final payment.   Also, no refund of port charges for the two ports they removed from the itinerary after final payment.  

Edited by AnnaNicole

As we all know, there are different conditions for different countries and you need to check with your TA for the definitive answer.

Final payment is not yet due, however I didn't get round to contacting my TA previously and when checking again today, the price has gone up by almost $1,000.  Maybe the price drop/rise that I've seen have been fluctuating for a while, as prices do.  I don't bother checking very often once booked.  In any case, we're happy with what we have, although it could have been an interesting exercise for the Australian market.