Tierra del Fuego tour

Papadog

According to my TA, the tour (for my cruise anyway) is post-cruise. A bus takes you to the park. Within the park is a small gauge railroad that presumably goes around/through the park. I believe you have the option to do that, or hike, or maybe both. I would assume that a bus then takes you from the park at a prearranged time to the airport for the departing charter.

Link to the train within the park: Tren del Fin del Mundo

I believe this is the park in question: Tierra del Fuego National Park (Official GANP Park Page) (national-parks.org)

• Like 1

I forgot to mention.... there have been some reports that a curated experience could be on offer. Something like a lunch, cultural show, tour, or demonstration. There have been some previous passenger reports of this occurring, but I have yet to have any confirmation in advance if something like this is planned. So, it is unlikely we will just get dropped off at the park and be entirely on our own... but again, no advance conformation of any of these details is available yet.

• 5 weeks later...

We just received the email from AOV providing the arrangement info for our Dec 7 -19 BU - BU World Navigator cruise.

The Fly Bondi charter flight will depart EZE @7:00 AM and arrive Ushuaia @10:40 AM.  Embarkation starts @ 3:00 PM.

It also notes the free culture immersive exploring Tierra del Fuego National Park will be on the day of embarkation

So, we have the time frame for the park -  what to expect will be a wonderful surprise. 🙂

• Like 2

Glad to hear you got some details! I inquired recently about my trip and received a similar itinerary. Looks like an early morning departure to get to the charter flight. Would love to hear how the park experience goes, so do post up upon your return. From the websites I've viewed it should be a beautiful experience. I don't know if you (or we) will get the chance, but one cool thing I came across is that at the entrance to the park, or very near it, is a small post office and gift store where you can get your passport stamped. I believe it's the most southern continental location (well, before you get to Antarctica) that can do that.  

• Thanks 1

@shuyak wow that's great that you already have those details! I'm going early November and still haven't received any information other than the name of the pre-cruise hotel! Did you happen to receive info on what time the flight leaves on the way back to BA? Wonder why they decided to switch it to pre-cruise. Was hoping to have some time to explore in Ushuaia either before or after!

1 hour ago, AnchoredInHope98 said:

@shuyak wow that's great that you already have those details! I'm going early November and still haven't received any information other than the name of the pre-cruise hotel! Did you happen to receive info on what time the flight leaves on the way back to BA? Wonder why they decided to switch it to pre-cruise. Was hoping to have some time to explore in Ushuaia either before or after!

Hi we are going on the 14 day South Georgia and Antartica Nov 6th...... Are you on the same cruise?

8 hours ago, AnchoredInHope98 said:

We booked last minute and are very surprised/happy to receive the AOV email merely 8 days after!

Info is copied below FYI:

HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS, PRIVATE AIR CHARTER AND TRANSFERS

Prior to your expedition, Atlas Ocean Voyages offers a FREE 1-night pre cruise hotel stay at the Hilton Buenos Aires. The address is Macacha Güemes 351, C1106BKG CABA, Argentina. Check-in time usually starts at 03:00PM. More information will be provided at check-in. Transfers are included to the airport on the day of embarkation.

Your charter flight departs from EZE Terminal C at 7:00AM. The flight number with Fly Bondi is FO5996. Because this is a private charter, you will not be able to check the status online. The flight will arrive in Ushuaia at 10:40AM.

Your return flight will depart USH on Tuesday, December 19th at 11:30AM and is scheduled to arrive at EZE at 3:15PM. The flight number with Fly Bondi is FO5997.

Due to strict airline and destination requirements, the maximum allowed weight for all checked bags is one 50 lb. bag and one carry-on of 22 lbs. per guest.

@shuyak thanks so much! That's helpful! I hope the flight out of Ushuaia for mine leaves later in the afternoon so we would have more time to explore the town. I guess some people probably prefer to get back to Buenos Aires earlier to take an international flight home that night.

@Papadog no, I'm on the November 8th one.

I'm on 11/8 Voyager one too. I've gotten a couple emails from Atlas since booking the trip. Received the 30 day countdown email last week. My TA emailed saying Atlas confirmed our booking w her and said we should be getting travel docs this week.

The only part of the trip not really explained is the Tierra Del Fuego tour. At least I know from their email that it is pre-cruise and not something squeezed in at the last minute before returning to BA. It would be nice to have a little more info but I'm not sweating it. I'm sure it will be fine.

We're getting very excited! This is our first cruise and a bucket list location for my husband. 😁

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2023 at 3:26 AM, Michael_A said:

Jan 4, 2024, World Traveller 11 night...

We’re on the same trip!

We’re trying to find out of we can stay in Ushuaia a nights out two after the cruise. Has anyone had any experience extending their stay?

You may want to contact your TA or Atlas directly... it would seem the kink in the equation is the return charter flight. They may have a flight you can hop a couple of days out post arrival but only they can tell you if that's possible. They do seem to be accommodating... even though their communication is a bit sketchy. I'd put in the request ASAP as we are only about a month out.

2 hours ago, Catchme370 said:

We’re on the same trip!

We’re trying to find out of we can stay in Ushuaia a nights out two after the cruise. Has anyone had any experience extending their stay?

I am also on the same cruise. Getting closer....

• 4 weeks later...

Atlas has a representative flying with us on the charter to Ushuaia and hand us over to the local tour company.   Our tour made  ~30 min stop at a bay (Lago Acigami) to view the mountains in both Argentina and Chile, ~45 min stop at the visitor center w/ small display and restaurant, ~30 min stop at the sign Parque National Tierra de Fuego (where Route 3 started and supposedly end in Alaska) with easy trails, and ~30 min at the south most post office, then head to the ship for 3 pm embarkation check in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1