Taxis in Nassau

KATHYMAC68

Taxi is the quickest transportation of course. But if you want to ride with locals for a different experience take the #10 jitney on your return. $1.25/pp. they depart town from Bay & Frederick Sts, and have regular stops along the route…

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

Taxi's in Nassau are always lined up and waiting at the pier.  If it's your first time in Nassau, it may seem a bit overwhelming as there are so many.  You would just let them know you do need a taxi, how many of you will be traveling, and where you are going.  US Cash, small currency as they do not always have the ability to make change.  If you are going to Paradise Island where the Atlantis, Cabbage Beach, etc. it should be about $5 -$6 per person one way.  If going in the other direction towards Breezes and Baha Bay Waterpark it will be about $8-$10 per person one way. Last I saw gas on the island was about $7 a gallon. It is not uncommon that the taxi driver may ask you to share the ride with others going same direction.  I have used the taxi's many times with no worries and no fear even traveling alone.  Hope you have a wonderful time!

44 minutes ago, happychippy said:

Taxi's in Nassau are always lined up and waiting at the pier.  If it's your first time in Nassau, it may seem a bit overwhelming as there are so many.  You would just let them know you do need a taxi, how many of you will be traveling, and where you are going.  US Cash, small currency as they do not always have the ability to make change.  If you are going to Paradise Island where the Atlantis, Cabbage Beach, etc. it should be about $5 -$6 per person one way.  If going in the other direction towards Breezes and Baha Bay Waterpark it will be about $8-$10 per person one way. Last I saw gas on the island was about $7 a gallon. It is not uncommon that the taxi driver may ask you to share the ride with others going same direction.  I have used the taxi's many times with no worries and no fear even traveling alone.  Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much!

This really helps.