Explorer of the Seas Cabin question

travelberlin

I have been searching this forum but I have not been able to find information on the cabin I am being allocated on Explorer of the Seas. Does anybody have sailed on Cabin 7311? It is an interior promenade view. I am concerned about the proximity to the elevators. Can you hear the operation of the elevators on that cabin?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I have been searching this forum but I have not been able to find information on the cabin I am being allocated on Explorer of the Seas. Does anybody have sailed on Cabin 7311? It is an interior promenade view. I am concerned about the proximity to the elevators. Can you hear the operation of the elevators on that cabin?

Thanks in advance.

i Have never ever heard an elevator from any stateroom on any RC ship.

And yes, 7311 is a promenade view room, and there is a hallway separating you from the elevator bank. I would call that a good spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

i Have never ever heard an elevator from any stateroom on any RC ship.

And yes, 7311 is a promenade view room, and there is a hallway separating you from the elevator bank. I would call that a good spot.

Thank you very much for your answer. I did not realize that there was a hallway there. I have thought the cabin 7311 was behind the elevators 😔.

My alternative would be cabin 7593. Which one would you recommend?

Multiple thoughts on these two cabins: 

- No, you will not hear the elevator mechanical noises from 7311.  You'll have a hallway between you and the elevators.  However, since this is the first room on the hallway, you may hear a good bit of foot traffic passing by your door.  

- 7311 is located mid-ship and quite near the elevators, which most people consider "the best".  

- I suspect a housekeeping closet may exist to the side of 7311.  If so, this is good and bad -- good in that extra toilet paper and cleaning supplies can't possibly be loud during the night, bad in that the door may open /close frequently as cabin stewards bring their carts in /out and return for supplies in the fairly early morning.  And maybe I'm wrong about such a closet altogether.  

- Looking out from 7311, your view will be a staircase and the R Bar.  Likely a lively view.  

- In contrast, 7593 is halfway down a hallway, making for a longer walk -- but, assuming you're able-bodied, not much farther.  You would get less foot traffic this far down the hallway.  

- If you choose 7593 you're definitely between two residential cabins, but you're not in a connecting room.  You're not likely to hear a lot of noise, but the possibility of a rude neighbor exists.  

- If you choose 7593, your view will be the Promenade shops.  Less action.  

- The entertainment bridge (from which the singers /dancers perform) is about halfway down the Promenade.  I think it's over the shops?  So 7593 would place you closer to this entertainment bridge, but it is ONLY noisy during the couple dance parties, which last about 30 minutes.  

- With our curtains closed (on Deck 6) we could hear the thump-thump-thump of the bass during the dance parties.  When we opened our curtains, we could hear the music but it wasn't overly loud.  We sat on the sofas and enjoyed our front row seat.  

- Either way you're near the library.  We like using the library as a quiet spot just to get out of the room if one of us is sleeping.  If you're traveling with others, it's a good meeting spot before dinner, etc.  

- Are any rooms available on Deck 6?  We prefer Deck 6 because you get a better view of the Promenade.  Noise isn't an issue except during the couple dance parties.  We also like Deck 6 because it's just one quick flight of stairs down to get a drink or a snack.  It's become our favorite deck.  

Which of these would I choose?  Honestly, they're pretty equal.  I'd probably take the second one to avoid the excess foot traffic to /from the elevators, but that's a small thing. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Multiple thoughts on these two cabins: 

- No, you will not hear the elevator mechanical noises from 7311.  You'll have a hallway between you and the elevators.  However, since this is the first room on the hallway, you may hear a good bit of foot traffic passing by your door.  

- 7311 is located mid-ship and quite near the elevators, which most people consider "the best".  

- I suspect a housekeeping closet may exist to the side of 7311.  If so, this is good and bad -- good in that extra toilet paper and cleaning supplies can't possibly be loud during the night, bad in that the door may open /close frequently as cabin stewards bring their carts in /out and return for supplies in the fairly early morning.  And maybe I'm wrong about such a closet altogether.  

- Looking out from 7311, your view will be a staircase and the R Bar.  Likely a lively view.  

- In contrast, 7593 is halfway down a hallway, making for a longer walk -- but, assuming you're able-bodied, not much farther.  You would get less foot traffic this far down the hallway.  

- If you choose 7593 you're definitely between two residential cabins, but you're not in a connecting room.  You're not likely to hear a lot of noise, but the possibility of a rude neighbor exists.  

- If you choose 7593, your view will be the Promenade shops.  Less action.  

- The entertainment bridge (from which the singers /dancers perform) is about halfway down the Promenade.  I think it's over the shops?  So 7593 would place you closer to this entertainment bridge, but it is ONLY noisy during the couple dance parties, which last about 30 minutes.  

- With our curtains closed (on Deck 6) we could hear the thump-thump-thump of the bass during the dance parties.  When we opened our curtains, we could hear the music but it wasn't overly loud.  We sat on the sofas and enjoyed our front row seat.  

- Either way you're near the library.  We like using the library as a quiet spot just to get out of the room if one of us is sleeping.  If you're traveling with others, it's a good meeting spot before dinner, etc.  

- Are any rooms available on Deck 6?  We prefer Deck 6 because you get a better view of the Promenade.  Noise isn't an issue except during the couple dance parties.  We also like Deck 6 because it's just one quick flight of stairs down to get a drink or a snack.  It's become our favorite deck.  

Which of these would I choose?  Honestly, they're pretty equal.  I'd probably take the second one to avoid the excess foot traffic to /from the elevators, but that's a small thing. 

Thank you for your detailed answer! 

12 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks in advance.

No noise from elevators. Promenade cabins are our favorite. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Remember to keep the drapes closed as these cabins can be easily seen from the Promenade below.

If changing clothes or showering. Otherwise open to watch the promenade activity.  (We did see a young women strip naked while the family packed on final night of cruise. 2 young boys and husband didn't seem to mind. Of course we didn’t watch... closed our drapes quickly.)

• Haha 1