2024 carnival european cruise to iceland

She62

4 hours ago, Shaporama said:

We've booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow, adjacent to Terminals 2 and 3

This needs just a little care with the name of the hotel. The HGI London Heathrow Airport is actually at Hatton Cross, one tube stop from the airport. But it sounds as if you have booked HGI London Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3, which is actually attached to Terminal 2 by a covered walkway, so ideal for your flight.

As you are sticking to your plan to stay at the airport, in your shoes I would look into the possibility of a transfer straight to Heathrow from Tilbury, rather than in to the centre of town, It is, of course, a longer transfer, but you wouldn't have to worry about hauling your bags around - drop them at the hotel and then jump on to one of those trains  into town for your day sightseeing, safe in the knowledge your luggage is where it needs to be. I haven't looked at the relative costs or timings, though, I must admit! 

Yes, thats correct.  We are reserved at the HGI connected to Terminals 2&3.  I agree that dropping the bags at the hotel first would probably make more sense than hauling them into London then back out again.  We can then use the Heathrow Express to and fro.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Shaporama said:

We can then use the Heathrow Express to and fro.

You may know this already, but if your cruise is some months away you can get very cheap early bird advance tickets for the Heathrow Express, some as cheap as £5-50 each way, which is an absolute bargain! Others here will suggest the tube or the new Elizabeth Line, but it does of course depend a bit on where you are heading for in London. 

This thread has rather drifted from the original OP's request for a hotel near St Pancras! 

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

We will be arriving on Friday 7/5/24 we were planning on spending night in London, but have decided to go on to Dover and stay 2 nights.  We will be headed back to london heathrow on Friday 7/19/24 the tickets we are looking at leave 1:05 pm from Heathrow on iceland air trying to see if will make it to airport from Dover on time

18 minutes ago, She62 said:

the tickets we are looking at leave 1:05 pm from Heathrow on iceland air trying to see if will make it to airport from Dover on time

It's about a 2 hour journey so an early cruise line transfer bus or a pre-booked private transfer should get you there on time, even on a Friday.

Searching Dover Heathrow transfer on this board should provide more details - or possibly post a new, appropriately titled thread yourself! This one has rather got lost and the original title didn't really give people a clue what you were looking for....

22 minutes ago, She62 said:

7/5/24

Just be aware that in much of  the rest of the world, including the UK, that would be read as 7th May 2024 - we use DD/MM/YY format (although in this case the context makes it clear that you meant 5th July) I always suggest spelling out dates to avoid confusion on these boards 😀