Info Please on Scarlet Night

scottie99

Will Scarlet Night be relevant to us, a senior, young at heart couple?

What is it all about?  Is it a dance party on deck?  Does everyone get involved or are there other activities at the same time?

And the dress code, is it anything 100 % scarlet? What is suitable?

There is no dress code,  There is a request that you wear something red.  This can be a red bandana, a headband, a pocket handkerchief, a pair of socks, a tux, a devil costume, a ball gown, or whatever you want.  

There are scarlet night activities all over the ship.  It starts with a telling of the "legend of scarlet night," moves on to a dance event in the roundabout, up to the pool area, and and after party in the manor,  Meanwhile there are smaller activities all over the ship.  If you see a dressed up Happenings Cast member, follow him or her--there will be something about to happen somewhere. There is no way you an see or do all of it in one cruise,

Relevant to you us up to you.....

• Like 1

From 9pm there will be bits and pieces around deck seven, the circus performers and dancers will be roaming doing small shows. There will also be karaoke and other stuff on deck 7 in the various bars.

Alternatively the dinner shows (It’s a Ship Show or Another Rose) will be on in the Manor. There will also be the Hostess in the red room doing a 15 minute show about the legend of scarlet night with fantastic live singing.

Then at 10.45 the pool party is on at the main pool. I recommend going to the first 15 minutes, the happenings cast, circus cast and dance cast are all out at the pool, with the hostess singing the theme live and it’s a fantastic atmosphere, you can just watch from the deck 16 balcony. The pool party goes on to about midnight, but it’s nice just to see that first 15 minutes and soak up the atmosphere at least.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, scottie99 said:

And the dress code, is it anything 100 % scarlet? What is suitable?

Bring all the red duds you have to fit in with the tribe. 

I'm not a Hugh fan of Scarlet Night but, with that said, I bought a red pair of Sketchers especially. 

• Haha 1

I never wear anything red but I went to Goodwill and bought a gorgeous red sparkly top for...FIVE BUCKS!  But you won't feel out of place if you're not wearing red, many don't.  Many go hog wild.

They have all sorts of blow-up animals, fish, serpents around the ship, and everything is bathed in a red light.  We didn't stay up for the official festivities like the pool party (maybe we will next time) but it was fun seeing everything red, and get this...when we got back to our cabin all the outside on the veranda lights were...red.

15 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Will Scarlet Night be relevant to us, a senior, young at heart couple?

If you are young at heart, yes, you should have a great time. It basically starts in the Roundabout, moves to The Manor and the finale is up on the Pool Deck. 

No dress code but they do encourage red if you have it. Purple is a nice alternative color too. 

My one suggestion is that if you are getting sensitive to loud music is to bring ear plugs for The Manor and especially for the pool party finale. The sound quality is amazing however the volume of the pool party is basically like an outdoor concert in a very concentrated space. We bring ear plugs now and it's much more enjoyable. The show itself is crazy fun. For me I prefer to be up on Deck 16 looking down at the party vs. being in the middle of the action on Deck 15. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

My one suggestion is that if you are getting sensitive to loud music is to bring ear plugs for The Manor and especially for the pool party finale.

This is excellent advice.  I wear AirPods Pro noise-canceling earbuds 100% of the time when in public areas and real earplugs in venues like the Mannor.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

This is excellent advice.  I wear AirPods Pro noise-canceling earbuds 100% of the time when in public areas and real earplugs in venues like the Mannor.

I agree, excellent advice - makes me think we might skip it after all.  I already wear hearing aids due to going to places like that when I was in my 20s (50 years ago).   I can't afford any more damage.

I got to "see" the stuff, I don't care if I don't hear it.

And it makes me appreciate our cabin location even more, we did not hear a peep.

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

If you are young at heart, yes, you should have a great time. It basically starts in the Roundabout, moves to The Manor and the finale is up on the Pool Deck. 

It only moves to the Manor after the pool party (so around midnight). Early evening in the Manor is just the dinner shows.

9pm to 10.30 is on decks 6&7 and in Red Room.