Booking Entertainment

scottie99

Please excuse me, we are only a week away and mind working overtime.

I have booked my dining ( not totally happy with times) but not any shows.

I take it we do that on board?   Is that something we have to do quickly on boarding or can we do it at leisure?

Any tips/advice would be gratefully appreciated 

For shows just booking first day is enough they don’t fill up too quick. There will also be more dining available so you can move your reservations around. For activities like grog walk or some fitness classes they are much lower capacity so do need to be booked as soon as you are on the ship WiFi.

also less of an issue on Resilient & Valiant Lady as not quite as busy and more port stops so people don’t prioritise activities.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Any tips/advice would be gratefully appreciated 

I would book your shows as soon as you get on board.  Also a little-known and seldom discussed dining option is brunch (which can be booked once on board via the app) and are usually wide open for the first few hours.

• Like 2

I take it we do that on board?   Is that something we have to do quickly on boarding or can we do it at leisure?

The moment you get onboard. Reservations will fill in quickly for the shows and any events during the week. Such as the coffee tasting, tequila tasting, 80's workout, etc...  For the free fitness classes, if you can't get registered feel free to show up at the appointed location and time. There are people who will book and not show up, or they may have additional room and let you participate. I've heard of quite a few folks who are able to participate in those events by simply showing up. 

• Like 3

I've taken 6 cruises on Scarlett this year and found it very frustrating to get connected to the ship's wifi and logged to my account on each and every cruise.  I always end up closing my app and restarting my iPhone before I could be connected. I was always onboard by 2 PM as a Sea Rover so it wasn't an issue caused by the rush of passengers logging in at the same time. Maybe others can post the double secret technique or procedure to easily log into ones account once on board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

Also a little-known and seldom discussed dining option is brunch (which can be booked once on board via the app)

Breakfast and brunch at Razzle Dazzle and the Wake can now be booked in advance, same as dinner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

I've taken 6 cruises on Scarlett this year and found it very frustrating to get connected to the ship's wifi and logged to my account on each and every cruise.  I always end up closing my app and restarting my iPhone before I could be connected. I was always onboard by 2 PM as a Sea Rover so it wasn't an issue caused by the rush of passengers logging in at the same time. Maybe others can post the double secret technique or procedure to easily log into ones account once on board.

I've only ever logged into the app once on land, you shouldn't have to login every time you board the ship. 

There was a change to the WiFi (on Resilient at least) that has made connecting to the internet significantly smoother so hopefully that is going to all of the ships. We didn't have to pay for premium and then be reimbursed like in the past it just "knew" we had Deep Blue and the only option was free premium, one click, super easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

I've only ever logged into the app once on land, you shouldn't have to login every time you board the ship. 

There was a change to the WiFi (on Resilient at least) that has made connecting to the internet significantly smoother so hopefully that is going to all of the ships. We didn't have to pay for premium and then be reimbursed like in the past it just "knew" we had Deep Blue and the only option was free premium, one click, super easy. 

I was only referring to my experiences when logging in for the  FIRST TIME after first embarking on the ship...  It worked seamlessly for the rest of the cruise both on a off the ship.

Just trying to help OP for their first-time VV adventure.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Is there a place I can see what shows and entertainment are onboard?   I'm on my first Virgin cruise on Valiant Lady in October from Barcelona.  Thanks.

major show times will appear in the app at 45 days out, then change in the week before and once onboard. 

descriptions of the main parties and shows are here https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-entertainment#valiant-lady

Miss Behave Show and Duel Reality are don’t miss.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jon81uk said:

major show times will appear in the app at 45 days out, then change in the week before and once onboard. 

descriptions of the main parties and shows are here https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-entertainment#valiant-lady

Miss Behave Show and Duel Reality are don’t miss.

Thank you; very much appreciated.