Sapphire veranda on the Serenity

cwaj45

We just booked a Sapphire veranda on the Serenity. I picked a room when I booked but it now appears the room is still to be delivered on the invoice. I would love some input from those of you that have been on board since the upgrades on which ones have the larger balconies and have been updated. We were on the Symphony 15 year ago and look forward to cruising with Crystal again.

thanks

Deck 11  All Sapphire Suites are Classic. Original Ones. 11000 has a slightly larger verandah.

Deck 10 Only Two Sapphire Suites which were created in 2018 and are the former Sea Breeze Suites.

Deck 9 and 8 All of the Sapphire Suites are newly created in 2023.Larger Verandahs ( you can tell like the other larger ones from the deck diagrams found on the Crystal website are 8007 thru 8015, 8066 thru 8079, 9019 - 9012 and 9072 thru 9081.  A few are not as larger as the others but larger than most of the verandah decks for Sapphire. Again, look at the diagram.

Personally I would avoid the two former Sea Breeze as they are not as large because of the common doors.

Study the plan. Remember the classics have a tub and a separate shower and the newer ones have a rain shower.  

I think both are good options and each have pros and cons when comparing them with each other.

Keith 

I have not sailed since the refurbishment and creation of Sapphire suites.  Am I correct in assuming the newly created suites have two sets of sliding doors, whereas the Classic decor and former Seabreeze decor, by virtue of their location, retain the large picture window in the bedroom? 

10 hours ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I have not sailed since the refurbishment and creation of Sapphire suites.  Am I correct in assuming the newly created suites have two sets of sliding doors, whereas the Classic decor and former Seabreeze decor, by virtue of their location, retain the large picture window in the bedroom? 

Just looked at photos from the open house on Serenity and the Sapphire Suites have two sets of sliders; one in the living area and one in the bedroom area.    I remember saying to myself this is a nice feature.

Same goes for the Junior CP.

Too bad the original CP's don't have this feature.

Keith

• Like 2