Flights arranged by Oceania

cherokeesmom

Just can't find any other reason.

Unless , if you have not tasted better then maybe you just don't know, but even that does not make sense. We pretty much ate pizza for 13 days, met another couple that did the same, now we are fast friends. So that was a good thing from this cruise.

2 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Just can't find any other reason.

Unless , if you have not tasted better then maybe you just don't know, but even that does not make sense. We pretty much ate pizza for 13 days, met another couple that did the same, now we are fast friends. So that was a good thing from this cruise.

Trust me.  We have tasted better than any cruise line can produce. No need to expand.
We simply have a difference of opinion. And that is okay. No right nor wrong. 

Edited by Vineyard View

11 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Okay. I don’t think I will get into the discussion around how wine can enhance different foods, as you are a non drinker. No judgement, but I find it hard to believe that the food was only good to people who were imbibing heavily. Again, glad you found your place that works for you. 

So if liquor enhances your taste buds, then maybe those consuming it will find food satisfactory.

A double win for cruise lines, beverage package sales, lowered cost of food. 

2 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

So if liquor enhances your taste buds, then maybe those consuming it will find food satisfactory.

A double win for cruise lines, beverage package sales, lowered cost of food. 

You are completely misinterpreting what I am saying. Like you, we have travelled extensively , and we live in an area known for excellent cuisine, stand alone or with good wine produced in our backyards. If you know nothing about wine, as you have stated on other threads,  then how can one be so certain that those who do have knowledge,  cannot enjoy nor appreciate good food stand alone, or in pairing with. 
Time to move on. 
….so how are those flights that Oceania books for guests? 

There is no way to really discuss this unless we are on the cruise together in real time.

We go together to the restaurant manager and present him with the inedible meal that is passed off as food.

We did that. He agreed and was very apologetic. We felt badly for him. If a cruise line decides to downgrade the food,  what can he do.

This is a no win discussion,  as I said before, there were plenty of people who thought it was just fine.

There were all kinds of other issues, the roof would not be opened, except for once, even though smooth sea. The area could not be used it was so hot and stuffy, reason? Friction of air causes more fuel consumption.

But again diehard V loyals said that it's not a big deal that you can't use the most valuable real-estate on the ship.

The thelassopool was fantastic.

Service was good, really felt sorry for staff, they knew they were serving substandard quality.

7 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Where is your next cruise?

Maybe we can meet to talk about this some more. Safer than politics, or maybe not...lol

Johthomas100z@gmail.com 

We are booked on Marina, May 18, BCN-FCO. 
It would probably be fun johnthomas!  Who knows, maybe I could educate you a little (I am no Sommelier) on some wines, and you could enhance my knowledge of food! 

Not sure I could enhance your knowledge of food, my preferences are pretty simple.

We are on the Marina in Nov, 2023, Vista in Jan and March, 2024 Marina in Sept and Oct , 2024

Sirena Feb, 2025, Vista May 2025, and will probably book Vista Dec 2025.

Booked all of them before SM, drinks of no value to us.

Hope to stay healthy to enjoy all of it.

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Not sure I could enhance your knowledge of food, my preferences are pretty simple.

We are on the Marina in Nov, 2023, Vista in Jan and March, 2024 Marina in Sept and Oct , 2024

Sirena Feb, 2025, Vista May 2025, and will probably book Vista Dec 2025.

Booked all of them before SM, drinks of no value to us.

Hope to stay healthy to enjoy all of it.

I am quite envious. Sounds like a lot of great experiences coming up 

Sailed with celebrity,  over 50 cruises, elite plus, till they went class conscious and divided the dining room in half, for those in suites and the rest. Yes the food became slop for the rest. To pay for suites, might as well sail on O. So now building up loyalty with O, once we reach 19, get free cruise. But you know all that.

Elite plus on celeb are things that are all included with O.

We have sabotaged the original topic.

Sorry to those that mind.