Arriving at Boston port early for check in

betmust

I have a cruise coming up soon leaving out of Boston and my check in time is 11:30. Seems like it was the earliest time as everyone else seemed to get it also. I think it was the first arrival time.

My ride to the port will get me there about 11;00 - my only way to get there. Will they just make us sit and wait in the terminal or will we have to wait outside? I have never run into this before so any help would be appreciated.   Thanks

On 9/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, betmust said:

I have a cruise coming up soon leaving out of Boston and my check in time is 11:30. Seems like it was the earliest time as everyone else seemed to get it also. I think it was the first arrival time.

My ride to the port will get me there about 11;00 - my only way to get there. Will they just make us sit and wait in the terminal or will we have to wait outside? I have never run into this before so any help would be appreciated.   Thanks

Depends on when they open the doors.  If that seems to be the earliest check in time, then if the doors aren't open yet you will simply wait outside until they open the doors.  Then you'll be good to go.  I don't think they're as strict here in Boston as they are in some of the other ports.

We checked in on our 30 August sailing at 11:30, our assigned time.  By the time we got upstairs to the waiting area, there were hundreds who had already checked in waiting to board.  Boarding was delayed due to Coast Guard inspection, so you shouldn't have that issue.  Get there at 11:00, and you should be on the ship by 11:30.

Sailed out of Boston twice last year,  Port will be open to debark the arriving passengers, you'll just have to wait for the ship to open for embarkation.  We'll be sailing at the end of October on Serenade, can't wait!  Enjoy your turn!!!!

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We checked in on our 30 August sailing at 11:30, our assigned time.  By the time we got upstairs to the waiting area, there were hundreds who had already checked in waiting to board.  Boarding was delayed due to Coast Guard inspection, so you shouldn't have that issue.  Get there at 11:00, and you should be on the ship by 11:30.

What Royal ship sailed from Black Falcon Pier in August?

Last time we sailed out of Boston was almost a year ago.  It was a hot mess with no one concerned about assigned check in times and the security contractors yelling at everyone.

The outside line went down the block. It’s covered but open to outside temperatures. We were fine, but we’re from Maine.  If you’re coming from a warmer climate, you might want a jacket just in case.