Butler service

Whiteduck1

Hello, 

We have just booked our first cruise on SOA to Greece next April and because it's rather long at 22 nights have splashed on an aft suite. The Saga website says "full butler service" but doesn't really describe the services offered. I wonder is it similar to Cunard (very good service) which we have sailed in the past, if anyone can share their experience on board I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you for your help, Nick 

We had a midships suite,  didn't eat in suite , as table a bit small. So only used Butler for booking Speciality restaurants, 100% success whenever we wanted. Also for replacing mini bar and snacks, let him know what we liked at beginning of cruise, then always topped up without asking. Service seemed on a par with Cunard, but we are not heavy users of the butler on either line.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:07 AM, Whiteduck1 said:

Hello, 

We have just booked our first cruise on SOA to Greece next April and because it's rather long at 22 nights have splashed on an aft suite. The Saga website says "full butler service" but doesn't really describe the services offered. I wonder is it similar to Cunard (very good service) which we have sailed in the past, if anyone can share their experience on board I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you for your help, Nick 

Having recently moved from P&O to Saga, we have taken the step of having a standard balcony cabin rather than what had become our norm, a suite with P&O or Cunard. To be honest our early days with a suite was wonderful, excellent butler service at the drop of a hat, always lunch with champagne where said butler would pop back and recharge the glass. Sometimes we would have dinner on the balcony with the same super service. We would always have a suite/balcony party for officers and passengers we had met during the cruise plus all the other plus's of having a butler to run round for you. OH! but how time changed with cutbacks the suite experience was purely for the size of the cabin, so when we moved to Saga we thought do we really need a large space as before and from our point of view, the standard balcony cabin suits us down to the ground as the crew on board do everything you would wish for. So I guess if the butler service with Saga is as it it used to be with P&O and Cunard then WOW go for it, however if it’s just for the extra space, ummm that’s one for you to decide.

• Like 2

Sorry forgot about suites getting free laundry. We are going for a month but will pack light and use laundry. No dry cleaning though certainly not free.

The butler service is as it used to be on Cunard and P&O, but no special reception party for suites . Outside of your suite everyone on Saga gets exactly equal treatment  , a high level  of equal. This is part of appeal of Saga.

• Like 4

Sorry I have only just seen this. We have been in the Aft suites 3 times.  There's a problem for me with the very aft ones on A deck when it is designated the smoking area as you can sometimes smell the smoke.

The butlers are always looking to do more for us than we can think of. We've dined in the cabin a couple of times & we almost always have breakfast in the cabin.

Before the premium spirits were included you could get the butler to get a couple of them for your mini bar.

Thanks very much for the reply. Useful to know about the smoke, we are in the aft on A deck but a few in so hopefully that won't be a problem. Is it possible to get anything hot for breakfast or is it just cereal and toast ect. It would be good to get something hot if we're going out for a long day.. Thanks.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whiteduck1 said:

Thanks very much for the reply. Useful to know about the smoke, we are in the aft on A deck but a few in so hopefully that won't be a problem. Is it possible to get anything hot for breakfast or is it just cereal and toast ect. It would be good to get something hot if we're going out for a long day.. Thanks.. 

Yes, the butler will bring anything from the dining room menu. Only thing missing is no way to find out the special of the day. You just write want you want  & hang the breakfast order on the door before going to bed.

Forgot to say they have champagne breakfasts sometimes. If you are interested it will be on the programme for the day which the steward leaves  the previous evening. The butler doersn't bring a glass. No idea if he would because alcohol at breakfast wipes me out for the day.

Also if you want fresh orange just write fresh next to where you tick for juice.