Itinerary changes

travelberlin

My itinerary for a cruise with the Serenity has changed. The attractive port of St Barts has been replaced by Marigot. Does any body know the reason?

What I find strange, is that no one has informed me about this change. I have only just learned via FB, although the itinerary change has apparently been done previous final payment (which I have already done). Is this normal that before sailing, an itinerary changes, and the guests are not informed? I have only experienced itinerary changes from other cruise lines in which I had received the information from my TA.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

I wouldn't take the fact that you read about it on FB first as meaning your agent wasn't going to be notified.  Itinerary changes used to not be announced until everything was firmed up and executed, but I'm seeing cruise lines more and more start to stop advertising the old itinerary immediately when notified by the port, replacing it with the proposed change, and then notifying passengers when they get confirmation from the replacement port.  

Not sure if this is a new best practice based on false advertising lawsuits or what, but it definitely creates a gap that didn't used to exist in the past when all of the public-faxing information was changed at the end of the process.

Vince

34 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

My itinerary for a cruise with the Serenity has changed. The attractive port of St Barts has been replaced by Marigot. Does any body know the reason?

What I find strange, is that no one has informed me about this change. I have only just learned via FB, although the itinerary change has apparently been done previous final payment (which I have already done). Is this normal that before sailing, an itinerary changes, and the guests are not informed? I have only experienced itinerary changes from other cruise lines in which I had received the information from my TA.

Ivi

Ivi, this has been discussed in previous posts. Please go to these posts for a more detailed discussion.

Rob

3 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Ivi, this has been discussed in previous posts. Please go to these posts for a more detailed discussion.

Rob

Thank you very much Rob for directing me to the other thread. I did not have any idea of the port change or of the previous discussion 😔.

Ivi