Santorini

Rod&Deb

Hi All. I am booked on a Celebrity Tour that states  after visiting a few places we go to Fira and we then have a choice of catching the bus back or staying in Fira and making our own way down in the cable car which I don’t want to do as I purchased the tour because they said they take you back down. Others on Facebook have said that they get you to Fira and then refuse to take you back down on the bus. Surely Celebrity would take some sort of responsibility for what tour company they book and they have to do what the tour states. Has anyone had any luck getting back down via the bus. Many Thanks

On a recent thread of a review of an Infinity cruise the poster reported that he took the option of taking the Celebrity excursion bus back to the Athinios port rather than staying in Fira and taking the cable car or walking down the stairs. The relevant posts are on page 6 from post #128 to #134.

Just returned from our cruise to Greece 9/11 -9/21.  We took a Celebrity Excursion to Santorini

and it was super nice.  Our last stop was Fira.  We were there for 1-1/2 hrs and we had the choice

of staying or returning back on the bus.  We opted to return on the bus which dropped us off at the

tender to return to the ship.  

Gitana

• Like 1

On my Fira tour I was NOT given the option to return by the same bus we had been on all day.  We were handed cable car tickets and told to wait.  This is despite specifically looking for a tour that did not mention the cable car.  We waited in the cable car line 45 minutes.  And there was at least one pickpocket very clearly going through the line.

Some here have suggested that well I was just confused and didn’t read the description carefully.  I believe I did.  I believe I was misled by Celebrity.

So make sure you know what you’re getting and don’t rely on the excursion description.

35 minutes ago, Gitana said:

Just returned from our cruise to Greece 9/11 -9/21.  We took a Celebrity Excursion to Santorini

and it was super nice.  Our last stop was Fira.  We were there for 1-1/2 hrs and we had the choice

of staying or returning back on the bus.  We opted to return on the bus which dropped us off at the

tender to return to the ship.  

Gitana

Please share the details— exact name and duration of this excursion

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

On my Fira tour I was NOT given the option to return by the same bus we had been on all day.  We were handed cable car tickets and told to wait.  This is despite specifically looking for a tour that did not mention the cable car.  We waited in the cable car line 45 minutes.  And there was at least one pickpocket very clearly going through the line.

Some here have suggested that well I was just confused and didn’t read the description carefully.  I believe I did.  I believe I was misled by Celebrity.

So make sure you know what you’re getting and don’t rely on the excursion description.

This happened to us. We were on Celebrity Constellation in June. After we returned from the excursion, I went directly to Guest Excursions and complained. We booked this specific excursion so we did not have to deal with the Cable Car lines, pickpockets, and crowds. Did not appreciate the change up at the last minute. They told us that on the Constellation only, all the stops get Cable Car tickets and there is no bus to the tender. They did this because previously, passengers complained they missed going on the Cable Car (I guess they couldn’t read the excursion description). The description for this excursion in the app and online still showed getting the bus to the port. They told me the descriptions are for any Celebrity ship using that excursion so it couldn’t be changed. They ended up crediting our account 20% of the excursion charges.

We have been to Santorini 4 times , it was always such a magic place. Sadly we would not go again after our last experience. We too had no option offered other than cable car return, a wait of 90 minutes in the heat with numerous people just pushing in.There were 4 ships in that day so far too many people to move around the streets at all. There was another excursion on a boat to thermal waters which was a lovely few hours. I would go again to see the excavation sites but not into either tourist town.

• Like 1