Guarantee room on the Regal Princess

fedexretiree

I have never booked a guarantee room before because I like picking the room in advance.   However the cruise that i am interested in taking only has guarantee balcony rooms (that I can afford) available right now and I have a few questions about the process.   I do not want a room on the Marina deck below the pool deck and the BD category  doesn't include the Marina deck.  So by booking this category

Does that mean I will only get a room in this category or could I end up on the Marina deck?  Also I don't want to end up with an obstructed balcony which is another reason that I spent a few more bucks for this category as opposed to booking a guarantee in the DW category. Help with this please so I can understand the process.

You're guaranteed a cabin assignment in the category you booked or higher; you cannot pick cabin location or cabin number.  There are categories BC, BB, Deluxe Balconies, Mini-Suites, and suites on the Marina Deck. If you book a Balcony BD guarantee and the algorithm decides to upgrade you, you could be upgraded to a higher category cabin on the Marina Deck.

People have anecdotally had stories about having been able to switch cabins like for like in the same category (BC to BC or BB to BB, not BC/BB to BA) once the room assignment has dropped.  Wouldn't count on this as it seems to be dependent on the Princess rep you or your TA is talking to and/or how full the that particular sailing is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

I have never booked a guarantee room before because I like picking the room in advance.   However the cruise that i am interested in taking only has guarantee balcony rooms (that I can afford) available right now and I have a few questions about the process.   I do not want a room on the Marina deck below the pool deck and the BD category  doesn't include the Marina deck.  So by booking this category

Does that mean I will only get a room in this category or could I end up on the Marina deck?  Also I don't want to end up with an obstructed balcony which is another reason that I spent a few more bucks for this category as opposed to booking a guarantee in the DW category. Help with this please so I can understand the process.

You will get BD or higher.  Unfortunately, you won’t know until they assign it.  IF available, you may be able to change your cabin to another location.  Problem is, if their are other choices open.

We have only done a couple

of GTY rooms and assigned great rooms. We were very pleased.

So, just look at your category and know it is possible to be assigned in any cabin there or a higher category.  

talking about  guarantees, which we normally never do..... but, We're on a group booking and only with guarantees.  When should we get notice of our cabin? Does it have to be paid in full, to be assigned?

3 hours ago, hmorrow said:

talking about  guarantees, which we normally never do..... but, We're on a group booking and only with guarantees.  When should we get notice of our cabin? Does it have to be paid in full, to be assigned?

Doesn't have to be paid in full for it to be assigned, but will most likely come after final payment.  It can be assigned as late as the night before embarkation.  Most common, in my experience, is 10-40 days before embarkation.  Check your e-mail inbox and spam folder.  I've seen it come as an Upgrade Notice or as a Booking Confirmation e-mail.  Good Luck!

Thanks very much to everyone that responded.  I think I've made my mind up and I'm going to skip this cruise.  Good price ..but.. If I got stuck on the Marina deck under the noisy pool deck it would most likely ruin the trip for me.  After looking at availability, mostly balconies on that deck are what is still showing available.  

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Doesn't have to be paid in full for it to be assigned, but will most likely come after final payment.  It can be assigned as late as the night before embarkation.  Most common, in my experience, is 10-40 days before embarkation.  Check your e-mail inbox and spam folder.  I've seen it come as an Upgrade Notice or as a Booking Confirmation e-mail.  Good Luck!

Thanks

i really don’t like guarantees, but it is what it is. And, it’s a mini suite, so how bad could it be?🤷🏼‍♀️