Oceania Buenos Aires to Rio?

Karen Lynn

I’ve sleuthed around the boards and not seeing what I’m trying to find out about this itinerary 

Adding on Iguazu falls involves a flight , how is that anyone know? 😳

In general any experience of this sailing would be awesome as I’m on the fence ..

Thank  you !

Dear KL:

We were on the Rio to BA cruise on Marina in 2020 just prior to Covid shutdown.  We enjoyed the cruise especially the service and dining experiences on Marina.  Several of the port visits were very low key but still enjoyable. We have two additional cruises booked on Marina for 2024 with one in South America.  We did not take the Iguazu Falls option but spent an extra three nights in BA during Carnival.

Joel Barry

1 hour ago, Karen Lynn said:

I’ve sleuthed around the boards and not seeing what I’m trying to find out about this itinerary 

Adding on Iguazu falls involves a flight , how is that anyone know? 😳

In general any experience of this sailing would be awesome as I’m on the fence ..

Thank  you !

We have been to Iguazu and highly, highly recommend you visit. 

The flight times out of BA will govern the number of days you will need for the visit, but plan on the trip taking at least 3-days.  1-the day you fly there, 2-Whole day on Argentine side, 3-Morning visit to the Brazilian side followed by your afternoon return flight back to BA.

Again, you are going to be in BA...take the time to visit Iguazu.  You won't regret it!

• Like 1

Karen,

Absolutely, do not miss the Falls. We took the Pre tour with Oceania in January and it was amazing. Everything about the tour although not cheap, was very special still HIGHLY recommend. Between the Falls and heading down to Antarctica, this trip hit our top 2 Oceania cruises with the other being the Amazon. Now we are trying to get to Victoria Falls on a future cruise to see the last of the big 3. If you can, spend a few days in Rio if you have not been there. Very interesting and beautiful but do tours as part of a group, private or ship, tourists can be targets as most everywhere. We spent days touring with Rio Plus Tours, outstanding. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

If you are making your own arrangements at Iguazu, please consider Belmond's Hotel de Cataratas.  It is inside the national park & right at the falls, so guests have access to the falls before & after the park is open.   You literally are alone with the falls on the catwalks.  Outstanding experience!

3 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

If you are making your own arrangements at Iguazu, please consider Belmond's Hotel de Cataratas.  It is inside the national park & right at the falls, so guests have access to the falls before & after the park is open.   You literally are alone with the falls on the catwalks.  Outstanding experience!

That hotel is on the Brazilian side of the falls and the Gran Melia is the only hotel at the falls on the Argentine side of the falls.

• Like 1

We did this cruise on Marina February 2020.

Iguazu Falls not to be missed. Booked flights, Gran Melia Hotel and a guide on our own. Several thousand dollars less than O package. Visited Brazil side day we arrived and Argentina day two. Do the boat ride under the falls on Brazil side….what a great experience!