Kochi, Japan

WESTEAST

We will be in the port of Kochi for one day and from what we can gather, there is usually a shuttle bus from the port to Kochi Bus Terminal near Harimaya Bridge. A visitor information centre is close by.  Our plan is to walk to Hirome Market to browse local food and shops and then head to Kochi Castle (about 20 mins per Google Maps).  Would appreciate learning if anyone has taken this shuttle? Let us know if there are other recommendations in the same area we should see?  

2 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

We will be in the port of Kochi for one day and from what we can gather, there is usually a shuttle bus from the port to Kochi Bus Terminal near Harimaya Bridge. A visitor information centre is close by.  Our plan is to walk to Hirome Market to browse local food and shops and then head to Kochi Castle (about 20 mins per Google Maps).  Would appreciate learning if anyone has taken this shuttle? Let us know if there are other recommendations in the same area we should see?  

You have the option either port shuttle or taxi from cruise terminal to city center. The tourist center isn't nearby: one at JR station (unless the drop off is JR station), the other is near Hirome Market.

From Kochi Bus Terminal is one mile to Kochi Castle, 

https://welcome-kochi.jp/pamphlet/50981.pdf

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:41 PM, monkey@cruise said:

You have the option either port shuttle or taxi from cruise terminal to city center. The tourist center isn't nearby: one at JR station (unless the drop off is JR station), the other is near Hirome Market.

From Kochi Bus Terminal is one mile to Kochi Castle, 

https://welcome-kochi.jp/pamphlet/50981.pdf

Thank you and will review the pamphlet you provided!

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, WESTEAST said:

I would be interested in hearing what you did in Kochi.  We will be there in April.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Almondtree said:

I would be interested in hearing what you did in Kochi.  We will be there in April.

Thanks

Our cruise is not until March this year and ends in April.  We still plan to take a taxi (or combo of shuttle/walk) to Harimaya Bridge, walk to Hirome Market to browse local food and shops and then head to Kochi Castle (will not tour inside as too many stairs to climb). Another option we may consider is the MY-YU tour bus.  Enjoy your cruise!

On 1/2/2024 at 5:58 PM, Almondtree said:

Thanks

We were in Kochi last October on Celebrity Millennium. Kochi city sponsored free shuttle from cruise terminal to Harimayabashi Bus Terminal (25 min bus ride). We had a Kochi City Center walking tour guided by Kochi SGG (a volunteer tour guide group), explored the Culture and History around the
Harimaya Bridge area; local food culture and Kochi Castle. Kochi city center is small, Harimayabashi Bus Terminal to Kochi castle is one mile distance. One group went to Makino Botanical Garden, and one group did a tram tour.

IMG_5156.JPG

We are also going in millennium in April. Did you go to Hakodate? If so what did I do there? Did u do a bullet train?

can u email me at pcohen48@gmail.com? I would love to “pick” your brain.LOL