Should we have dinner at Gunbae?

warmwinds

I love Korean ribs and make them at home all the time (I think they're called Galbi or Kalbi) - I've had kimchi and it's ok.  Is the food more than/different from these things?  Do you choose from a menu or does everyone just get the same stuff?

Also, I've heard they start with drinking games.  Is this true?  That's what sort of turned us off from booking dinner there, that's not our style.  So between that and making my own delicious flanken ribs at home (I try to order things out that I don't/can't make) would you still recommend Gunbae?

THey do serve Kalbi.  
There is a menu and you can choose from it.  Typically the first time, they offer to bring you "the most popular items."  It was a. lot of food.  After that, we knew what we liked, so we just order that now.  

They start with ONE short drinking game,. and will put water in your glass if you request that.  It is a simple counting game that takes a few minutes and it probably designed to spend time and interact with others at the table while the grill heats.  The do ask whether you want the drink or water.

OK, we had Korean BBQ in two different Asian locations.  It isn't as good as it was there, but it was certainly good.  Depending on the length of your cruise, I'd recommend trying it once.  THen you can decide for the future.

• Thanks 1