Private Tour or Taxi to Valley Church Beach

lovecaribbean6179

Hello fellow cruisers!  We are arriving into Antigua on Symphony of the Seas on 2 Jan 2024.  RCCL offers no shore excursions of interest.  My husband and I just want to spend 3-4 hours at Valley Church Beach that day.  I don't know whether to grab a taxi when we get off ship or arrange a private tour to stop at several beaches.  

Appreciate any suggestions....Thank you and have a blessed day.

Cindi from Missouri

29 minutes ago, lovecaribbean6179 said:

Hello fellow cruisers!  We are arriving into Antigua on Symphony of the Seas on 2 Jan 2024.  RCCL offers no shore excursions of interest.  My husband and I just want to spend 3-4 hours at Valley Church Beach that day.  I don't know whether to grab a taxi when we get off ship or arrange a private tour to stop at several beaches.  

Appreciate any suggestions....Thank you and have a blessed day.

Cindi from Missouri

If you just want to spend 3-4 hrs at VCB, why are you thinking of a tour?  We have always enjoyed VCB

15 hours ago, lovecaribbean6179 said:

Thank you for your response rjrpar.  Would love to spend more time at VCB, but husband has a medical condition that prevents that.  As first time to Antigua, just need to know how to get from cruise ship to Valley Church beach.  Did you just hail a taxi?

We have been there 3 times.  Just used a taxi from the port area, there are signs. Don’t remember the price but it was about $8pp each way.  The Nest restaurant is nice for lunch

• 4 weeks later...

We've been to VCB several times and just rode the bus.  We told the driver where we were going and they let us know when to get off.  Easy.  There is a short walk from the road into the beach.  Then you go back out to road to get a bus back.

• Thanks 2