New to Princess and hungry!

Veinless

Oh nice! Thank you!

Now I need to find a proper beer menu. The head waiter gave me a menu but it was missing things like Guinness which I know they serve. 

I've seen some proper craft beers on Carnival, surely Princess must have some too. 

53 minutes ago, Veinless said:

I've seen some proper craft beers on Carnival, surely Princess must have some too. 

Generally, It seems Princess is not big on bringing darker styles onboard, like porters, marzens and stouts. But ask around different bars. Good luck!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Veinless said:

Oh nice! Thank you!

Now I need to find a proper beer menu. The head waiter gave me a menu but it was missing things like Guinness which I know they serve. 

Not any longer.

10 hours ago, Veinless said:

They usually have at least 1 drinkable pale ale, but it will most likely be from one of the mass market breweries. They were carrying some from Alaska Brewing this year on the Crown for my Alaska trip.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Veinless said:

Next question - are there supposed to be separate lines for those with table reservations already set vs those without? Seems odd to have a 5pm reservation but need to queue up with folks that do not have one. 

Should be two lines. If you don't care about what dining room you end up in, and there is a long wait at the room you are at, check on the app to see if reservations are open at another dining room. A couple times last trip there were long wait times even with a reservation (and we are talking 7:30 - 8 pm slots), so we just made a reservation for the dining room just down the stairs on the app, canceled the one we had, and were seated quickly at the new one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2023 at 11:06 PM, Veinless said:

How/where can you see which MDRs are open for breakfast/lunch, and what times?

The pamphlet only shows dinner times. On the Majestic currently. Thanks!

Its on the Princess Patter

Just got off Discovery Princess last week. Only had dinner reservations for 2 nights. There were always 2 lines, one for reservations and one for no reservations. We never had to wait more than a few minutes even without a reservation.  You can get seated quicker at a Sharing table than at a table for 2. We met some fantastic people at the sharing tables.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeorgiaGrandma 1 said:

Just got off Discovery Princess last week. Only had dinner reservations for 2 nights. There were always 2 lines, one for reservations and one for no reservations. We never had to wait more than a few minutes even without a reservation.  You can get seated quicker at a Sharing table than at a table for 2. We met some fantastic people at the sharing tables.

We had the same experience in October, sometimes lines appeared long but they moved quickly.  We are boarding the Discovery again this month and hoping it is the same, what a beautiful ship and great crew!