CVPs helpful?

cheetosrevil

I book direct with Princess as a solo traveler, inside cabin, and include Princess Plus. Each time I receive an email from the same Princess CVP that invites me to contact them for better rates, perks, etc. I never have until the last cruise I reserved. Leaving the unsatisfactory follow-up on their part aside, I was told was since I had paid the deposit, not final payment, they could do nothing for me. Is this for real? If so a complete waste of time IMO. From the emails:

This is Xxxxxxx, your personal Cruise Vacation Planner with Princess Cruises and I am very excited to see you recently made a new reservation with us! I want to make sure that you found the cruise that best suits your needs – and with the best promotion! Please contact me to complete your reservation.

Yes

Princess Cruises has changed their system.

Once you pay deposit, the CVP is not able to manage your booking.  You can transfer booking to a TA but not to a CVP. 
You can place a hold and then have CVP take your deposit and help you with booking.  
🤔

• Like 1

I have a CVP with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working with for a number of years.  I’ve always been aware that if I book a cruise myself online that I must put a complimentary hold on the booking and then transfer over to my CVP for the deposit.  I’ve also been aware that if I should make the deposit to Princess myself, then my booking will not be credited to my CVP and my only recourse would be to cancel the booking and rebook with my CVP.  It’s been this way for long time.

I’m not sure why you were contacted by a CVP once you booked and paid the deposit.  For future bookings I highly recommend using a CVP or trustworthy travel agent.  Their time and expertise is invaluable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, that said:

Yes

Princess Cruises has changed their system.

Once you pay deposit, the CVP is not able to manage your booking.  You can transfer booking to a TA but not to a CVP. 
You can place a hold and then have CVP take your deposit and help you with booking.  
🤔

16 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I have a CVP with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working with for a number of years.  I’ve always been aware that if I book a cruise myself online that I must put a complimentary hold on the booking and then transfer over to my CVP for the deposit.  I’ve also been aware that if I should make the deposit to Princess myself, then my booking will not be credited to my CVP and my only recourse would be to cancel the booking and rebook with my CVP.  It’s been this way for long time.

I’m not sure why you were contacted by a CVP once you booked and paid the deposit.  For future bookings I highly recommend using a CVP or trustworthy travel agent.  Their time and expertise is invaluable.

Thank you, both. I would have found it beneficial if they had told me when we spoke that was the case.

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

Thank you, both. I would have found it beneficial if they had told me when we spoke that that was the case.

IMO they need to update their email verbiage so it's clearly articulated to contact them before paying a deposit. A 3-day complimentary hold and a reservation are completely different.

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

I book direct with Princess as a solo traveler, inside cabin, and include Princess Plus. Each time I receive an email from the same Princess CVP that invites me to contact them for better rates, perks, etc. I never have until the last cruise I reserved. Leaving the unsatisfactory follow-up on their part aside, I was told was since I had paid the deposit, not final payment, they could do nothing for me. Is this for real? If so a complete waste of time IMO. From the emails:

This is Xxxxxxx, your personal Cruise Vacation Planner with Princess Cruises and I am very excited to see you recently made a new reservation with us! I want to make sure that you found the cruise that best suits your needs – and with the best promotion! Please contact me to complete your reservation.

I’ve worked with my CVP for several years. It is true that he doesn’t earn commission on bookings if I make a deposit or apply an FCD online.  He only earns commission on the Plus or Premier package if I book that within the first 30 days. Now I always add it and then remove it if I decide at final not to keep it. 

That said I booked a Dec 1, 2023 sailing on a Sunday and was able to choose an Emerald deck mini suite. This is quite unusual.  However, there was no Hold without a deposit option available so I had to put an FCD on it to secure the cabin. This was not after final payment. It was weird. My CVP will not get the commission but he can and has helped me with it. 

Your thread title asks if CVPs are useful. Mine is enormously helpful.

Just this month I suffered from the AARP gift card problem others have had where the card showed a zero balance when it in fact had not been used. I contacted him and called the Princess GC number he gave me. When I reported back that their answer was they couldn’t help me he forwarded my information to his supervisor and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. 

Last month he quickly resolved an EZ air issue for me.  

I never have to call the general princess line and wait on hold for long periods. I email him and he gets back to me in 24 hours. If my issue is urgent I use “Your immediate attention is appreciated “ as my email subject line and he immediately gets back to me. 

Ask around at your next meet and greet on board for recommendations for a great princess CVP.  You do not need to use the random one assigned you. 

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve worked with my CVP for several years. It is true that he doesn’t earn commission on bookings if I make a deposit or apply an FCD online.  He only earns commission on the Plus or Premier package if I book that within the first 30 days. Now I always add it and then remove it if I decide at final not to keep it. 

That said I booked a Dec 1, 2023 sailing on a Sunday and was able to choose an Emerald deck mini suite. This is quite unusual.  However, there was no Hold without a deposit option available so I had to put an FCD on it to secure the cabin. This was not after final payment. It was weird. My CVP will not get the commission but he can and has helped me with it. 

Your thread title asks if CVPs are useful. Mine is enormously helpful.

Just this month I suffered from the AARP gift card problem others have had where the card showed a zero balance when it in fact had not been used. I contacted him and called the Princess GC number he gave me. When I reported back that their answer was they couldn’t help me he forwarded my information to his supervisor and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. 

Last month he quickly resolved an EZ air issue for me.  

I never have to call the general princess line and wait on hold for long periods. I email him and he gets back to me in 24 hours. If my issue is urgent I use “Your immediate attention is appreciated “ as my email subject line and he immediately gets back to me. 

Ask around at your next meet and greet on board for recommendations for a great princess CVP.  You do not need to use the random one assigned you. 

Re: the subject line, I actually tried to think what would be clear, alas what I chose not so much apparently.

I wish the CVP I communicated with both via email and phone mentioned any of that.

Thank you...all the information you provided helped me immensely!

• Like 2