Manhattan Pier to LGA

caribe123

We were there last month disembarking off of the NCL Joy and we also had a noon flight out of LGA.   We self carried our luggage and were one of the first off the ship.  NCL advertised disembarkation begins at 7:30 for self carry folks, but it was probably closer to 7:45.   We walked across the street (busy parkway) to the taxi stand.   That area is a mad house for a big ship at least.    Taxi drivers start trying to grab you as you cross the parkway, I asked how much to LGA and they said 120 cash.   Instead we crossed the parkway and turned left and walk about 2 blocks to get away from the crowd and called na uber.   I think it was about $65.     We made it in plenty of time and had 2 hours to kill at LGA, but I would still disembark as soon as you can.

We are on NCL Escape (Manhattan Terminal) and will be docking November 5, 2023.  What are some options for getting to LGA from the pier?  Our flight isn't until 5:00 pm so we aren't in a big hurry.  It looks like the transportation via NCL is $35 pp, but I like to stay on the ship and eat breakfast and wait for the crowds to move out.  Not sure if I have that option if we do the NCL transport.  I looked up Uber/Lyft and it looks like it will be around $80.  I don't think I want to try to do the bus or train system unless someone can tell me an easy way to go that route.  When we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, we always use a transportation called SAS and they are the best!  Does NYC have anything like that?

6 hours ago, BGarrison said:

We are on NCL Escape (Manhattan Terminal) and will be docking November 5, 2023.  What are some options for getting to LGA from the pier?  Our flight isn't until 5:00 pm so we aren't in a big hurry.  It looks like the transportation via NCL is $35 pp, but I like to stay on the ship and eat breakfast and wait for the crowds to move out.  Not sure if I have that option if we do the NCL transport.  I looked up Uber/Lyft and it looks like it will be around $80.  I don't think I want to try to do the bus or train system unless someone can tell me an easy way to go that route.  When we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, we always use a transportation called SAS and they are the best!  Does NYC have anything like that?

There's nothing equivalent to the SAS shuttle in Florida.