Aruba with elderly

Painthorse

I've been to the port a couple times and now my mom (85 years old) will be cruising with us and I'm wondering what others would recommend. She thinks she's adventersome  but her mobility can be an issue. She can walk but is slow. Not a beach person. She has gone out utving with us so maybe thats an option. Any other ideas would be great. 

I also thought about Trikes, but if I remember correctly,  I  had to hold on to my husband pretty securely, while he was driving. It's been a few years since we've ridden on Trikes. Perhaps a private island tour? We've done numerous island tours with a driver named Bully. His tours are excellent.  His email is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. I highly recommend him. Bully is his nickname,  and his response may show up under his real name,  Amador Lacle.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time we were in Aruba we rented a car from Jays car rental.  They have the cars close to the ship for easy pick up and drop off. Pick up took about 20 minutes as there were 3 other people doing the same thing and it took a while to do the paperwork.   We got to explore some beaches  we haven't been to because normally we take the local bus in Aruba and we also explored the island.

https://www.jayscarrentalaruba.com/

17 hours ago, topspot said:

Last time we were in Aruba we rented a car from Jays car rental.  They have the cars close to the ship for easy pick up and drop off. Pick up took about 20 minutes as there were 3 other people doing the same thing and it took a while to do the paperwork.   We got to explore some beaches  we haven't been to because normally we take the local bus in Aruba and we also explored the island.

https://www.jayscarrentalaruba.com/

Thinking of renting from Jay's next month.  Was there any particular paperwork needed, other than a valid drivers license, for example, insurance card, etc.?

1 hour ago, ssawjo said:

Thinking of renting from Jay's next month.  Was there any particular paperwork needed, other than a valid drivers license, for example, insurance card, etc.?

We just needed drivers license.  We did get their insurance, it was less than 100.00 for the rental.  We contacted them before the cruise because we wanted to make sure they would have an automatic transmission for us.  If you'd prefer automatic, I'd suggest emailing them to confirm.  

3 minutes ago, topspot said:

We just needed drivers license.  We did get their insurance, it was less than 100.00 for the rental.  We contacted them before the cruise because we wanted to make sure they would have an automatic transmission for us.  If you'd prefer automatic, I'd suggest emailing them to confirm.  

Thanks for your response.  I plan on reserving a car about one month out.  That should be enough time to get an automatic, which is what I want.  Debating insurance but will probably get it.  Bill

• 2 months later...