What to do around Pier 2 in Honolulu

itsanita

We will be arriving via uber from the airport and have a early embarkation time on Pride of America at Pier 2 in Honolulu.

Our ship does not leave Honolulu until 7pm.  We are planning on checking in early and then leaving the ship to explore the area.  We would like to know what we can do around the pier area?   Is it walkable?, bars?  shops?   Maybe someplace we can buy a lei? 

Any help would be appreciated.   

4 minutes ago, itsanita said:

We will be arriving via uber from the airport and have a early embarkation time on Pride of America at Pier 2 in Honolulu.

Our ship does not leave Honolulu until 7pm.  We are planning on checking in early and then leaving the ship to explore the area.  We would like to know what we can do around the pier area?   Is it walkable?, bars?  shops?   Maybe someplace we can buy a lei? 

Any help would be appreciated.   

I don’t believe you will be able to get off the ship, once you check in. 

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I don’t believe you will be able to get off the ship, once you check in. 

Generally you can. Keep in mind there might be some in transit passengers that are doing a back to back (which I would guess is rare on the PoA but not impossible). 

46 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Pier 2 is in Downtown Honolulu. You can walk to Kawaiahaʻo Church, Iolani Palace, the State Capitol, Aliʻiolani Hale and some decent shops.

Good recs. Keep in mind with the Iolani Palace you'll want to make plans ahead of time as the ticketing is timed and capacity controlled. 

Personally I would just take an Uber to Waikiki and walk along the beach and have a snack and some Mai Tais. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The crew like to walk to Ross Dress for Less! There are some Hawaiian themed items here. You’re walking distance to Chinatown which is very fun, albeit a bit edgey, to explore. BEAUTIFUL leis in a few Chinatown shops and you can watch them being made. Things shut down by 4ish in Chinatown on a weekday though.