Getaway Oct 22-Nov 19 Too long or never enough? Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean

CruisnHallelujahs

La Romana, Dominican Republic: the pool at port was stunning.  With all the people in it, not so much.  We just walked around all the port shops.  Was stifling hot.  Should have booked an excursion here.  Was looking forward to the lazy River at Taino bay but that port has been cancelled due to severe weather.  
Puerto Rico would be our last port. 
We’ve been here a few times so slowly meandered around old town San Juan up to both forts.  Sweltering hot again so glad I brought a parasol/umbrella. 

IMG_7295.jpeg

IMG_7300.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7314.jpeg

IMG_7316.jpeg

IMG_7318.jpeg

IMG_7330.jpeg

IMG_7333.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7347.jpeg

• Like 2

Loving the stormy waves on this unplanned sea day.  
Sat on the waterfront reading and chatting with others who love the sea. 

Taste is usually closed for lunch on port days. Funny to find this my favorite lunch here.  A few vegetarian choices on the menu.  Jalapeño cornbread hush puppies and tomato soup were spectacular.  My favorite dinner app so far was the samosas.  Best I’ve ever had.  
Back to our balcony to read some more.

Tonight is million dollar quartet again.  Going to arrive early for a good seat…hopefully. 

IMG_7365.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruisnHallelujahs said:

Loving the stormy waves on this unplanned sea day.  
Sat on the waterfront reading and chatting with others who love the sea. 

Taste is usually closed for lunch on port days. Funny to find this my favorite lunch here.  A few vegetarian choices on the menu.  Jalapeño cornbread hush puppies and tomato soup were spectacular.  My favorite dinner app so far was the samosas.  Best I’ve ever had.  
Back to our balcony to read some more.

Tonight is million dollar quartet again.  Going to arrive early for a good seat…hopefully. 

IMG_7365.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

If you think you might get back late on Sunday would you mind posting for those of us who will be embarking Sunday?  Safe travels back!

Did arrive early and sat in second row.  Show was fantastic. Enjoyed it even more this second time.  Would have been perfect if not for the woman next to dh passing gas continuously…taking her shoes off and putting them on dhs feet and then leaning on him.  And of course the couple beside me who talked through the whole show and videotaped a large portion of it before being told by staff to stop. Still it really was fantastic! 

• Like 1