Long Beach Shuttle and Hotel

jthayek

We are cruising on the Panorama 12/2 with 2 adults and 2 kids - 3 years and 6 months. 

We are flying into LGB the night before and will need a shuttle to a hotel - thinking the Hotel Maya or Residence Inn near the cruise terminal. Are these hotels walkable to the cruise terminal?

Also, I'm trying to figure out the shuttle from the airport to the hotel with the kids. We have done short airport shuttles with no car seats before, but just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for shuttles with little ones? We can't be the only ones in this position. 

jthayek, we are also on the Dec 2 Panorama and have booked the Residence Inn downtown and arriving on Friday.  Our plan is to take an Uber from LGB to the hotel on Friday afternoon and then take the passport bus to Queen Mary on Saturday morning.  Not sure if the bus idea is going to work.  Hoping to read some advice here on Cruise Critic.  I have read that Hotel Maya has transport from their property over to the cruise terminal so that may work better for your family.  Residence Inn does not.  Will you post what you decide to do?  Maybe you will find better facts than I have.

We are on the Mar 9 Panorama sailing and planning on staying at the Hotel Maya

I called the hotel yesterday (Sunday Oct 1) - they run a complimentary shuttle (the driver does take tips) to the Carnival Cruise Dock for hotel guests or anyone who has booked their stay and park package.

There is no set time schedule for the shuttle, so guests need to arrange a time when they arrive at the hotel

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, lasvegascruising said:

jthayek, we are also on the Dec 2 Panorama and have booked the Residence Inn downtown and arriving on Friday.  Our plan is to take an Uber from LGB to the hotel on Friday afternoon and then take the passport bus to Queen Mary on Saturday morning.  Not sure if the bus idea is going to work.  Hoping to read some advice here on Cruise Critic.  I have read that Hotel Maya has transport from their property over to the cruise terminal so that may work better for your family.  Residence Inn does not.  Will you post what you decide to do?  Maybe you will find better facts than I have.

I'm also on that sailing and hoping to catch the Passport bus from downtown to the Queen Mary on the Saturday morning. 

I definitely read about it on here, it was awhile ago though.  The person who posted said the bus was pretty empty.