Greenland Cruise Airport time debarkation Baltimore

cruisernh

This is not about being a "not so Greenland" cruise:

We are booked on this cruise next year.

I know debarkation is 8am. What is a reasonable time for a flight out of Baltimore keeping in mind we will have priority debarkation and TSA precheck?

Thanks

It's about a 20 minute ride to the airport.

If you are on the same Greenland cruise as I am in May, I wouldn't count on priority embark or debark. There will likely be too many of us Diamonds and Platinums on board and they will usually not be able to accomodate priority since, well, there are just too many of us. This tends to be the case with Journeys cruises as of late since longer Journeys cruises attract more Diamonds and Plats. So plan accordingly. I am not expecting priority anything on Journeys cruises.

To account for late ship arrival, traffic jams and other unforseen issues, I always book flights at 1pm or later so I am not pushing it, even when I do have priority (which I rarely use anyway). I would rather wait in the airport a few extra hours and have a preflight cocktail or three rather than stressing about making a flight. I use this rule for all ports, not just Baltimore.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

We just got off the last Greenland cruise and as the previous poster indicates, there is no priority debarkation due to the large amount of Platinum/Diamond guests.

However, even without priority debark and basically taking our time, we were at the Baltimore airport by 11am without any issues at all. 

I'm speculating that if we had REALLY tried to get off the ship as quickly as possible, we could probably have made it to the airport as early at 10:15, but again, this is pure speculation....and I really wouldn't book air passage based on it.

Garnett

1 hour ago, cruisernh said:

Thanks good point. I do remember someone say they had lot of Diamond and Platinum (us) looks like an overnight and fly early next day flights for us are 10:45 and then a 5:30.

Appreciate the response

I also wouldn't trust airline schedules this far in advance. They often can and do make market changes, adding flights, cancelling flights or readjusting the timing of flights. Airlines typically lock in their final schedules 90 days in advance. This is why you always see people on Cruise Critic saying "my airline changed my flight". They probably booked months in advance and then their flight time was moved or cancelled completely  and were moved to an earlier or later flight at the 90 day mark.

Edited by stobe1