Stingray City booking at Port

bosswench

Does anyone have experience booking Stingray City at the Port?  My husband uses a wheelchair, and with the tenders we cannot be absolutely sure he will be able to go ashore, so we will not book in advance. Has anyone had a particularly good or bad experience with any specific vendor? What time should we try to arrive on shore and how much should we expect to pay?

18 hours ago, serene56 said:

is he abole to transfer?    My dad could not use the tender since he could not transfer to the tender 

He is able to transfer.  He can walk a bit, go up and down a few stairs, and get in and out of the tender with minimal assistance.  But, his power wheelchair is heavy and we had a problem with them allowing it on the lifeboat tender in another port last year, which is why we are hesitant to book in advance.

5 minutes ago, bosswench said:

He is able to transfer.  He can walk a bit, go up and down a few stairs, and get in and out of the tender with minimal assistance.  But, his power wheelchair is heavy and we had a problem with them allowing it on the lifeboat tender in another port last year, which is why we are hesitant to book in advance.

Can you just rent a wheelchair for this port.?   I don’t think your be getting off with the power chair     Just going by my past experience with my dad 

9 hours ago, serene56 said:

Can you just rent a wheelchair for this port.?   I don’t think your be getting off with the power chair     Just going by my past experience with my dad 

I'm not sure how we would go about doing that. Do you have any ideas?

I really hope you find a way for him to get on and off the tender.  I would recommend calling the cruise line or your travel agent to see if there is a way to rent through the ship.

I am actually interested in the original question.  My husband and I have been to Grand Cayman a few times, and have decided to leave this port to a game day decision. Might go shopping, might go to beach, might want to go to Stingray City. I am just curious what choices we will have at the port.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 8:05 AM, Katie111 said:

Any idea what you paid?  Wondering if it’s any cheaper to do it at the port. 

Always gonna be cheaper than through the cruiseline. (with all the kickbaks they work into the price they charge you)

Most of the local vendors will be waiting in the area where the tenders dock, waiting for the people who prebooked their private excursions, but usually they are looking for fill any available spots with walkups.