UDP on Mariner

We're on an 8-day cruise coming up and the price dropped to $299/pp for UDP. A while back I purchased a 3-night and Chops + 1 dining package since there isn't a CK. It's $190 more total, for the UDP: I'm wondering if it's worth it on this class ship? We're used to Oasis class which has more to choose from.

Also, can you use UDP for lunch on embarkation day? Would be nice to avoid the Windjammer. Thanks for your input 😎

Edited by GetToLivin

There are only three specialty restaurants on Mariner - Chops, Jamie’s, and Izumi. That would not be enough variety for us to warrant a UDP on an 8-night cruise. We generally just do the 3-night package on that class of ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mariner also has Playmakers and the UDP includes $20pp/day. It may not be a "dinner" venue, but one additional piece.

We have the UDP on the upcoming 8-day on Mariner.  For us, it is worth it to not eat in the crowded, loud dining room - and the food is significantly better than the dining room.

• Thanks 1

We just came of the "Mariner" 9 day to Bermuda. (September 15 - 23, 2023).

We didn't get the UDP this time as we were only on the ship on days at sea (4) we were off the ship

eating, etc.. (4 days in Bermuda, Nassau & CoCo Caye). Never saw the advantage of paying such HIGH prices for such few dining options. That being said we did got to Jamie's Italian on embarkation day for lunch (so as to avoid the crowd in the windjammer) and thoroughly enjoyed it (had some of the best Calamari I have ever eaten there). We also went to Playmakers a couple of times, but unlike other times (same ship, different ships) I was very disappointed in the food. 

In the end only you can decide whether it is worth the extra almost $300.00 p.p. Either way enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Mariner also has Playmakers and the UDP includes $20pp/day. It may not be a "dinner" venue, but one additional piece.

We have the UDP on the upcoming 8-day on Mariner.  For us, it is worth it to not eat in the crowded, loud dining room - and the food is significantly better than the dining room.

Mariner also has a Johnny Rockets. It is, of course, another casual, lower cost venue, but one should be able to use that as part of the UDP if desired.

We don’t opt the UDP on Mariner, but it works for others.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, GetToLivin said:

We're on an 8-day cruise coming up and the price dropped to $299/pp for UDP. A while back I purchased a 3-night and Chops + 1 dining package since there isn't a CK. It's $190 more total, for the UDP: I'm wondering if it's worth it on this class ship? We're used to Oasis class which has more to choose from.

Also, can you use UDP for lunch on embarkation day? Would be nice to avoid the Windjammer. Thanks for your input 😎

No